Octet® BLI Label-Free Detection Systems for Biomolecular Interactions Analysis
Unprecedented Time and Cost Savings For Kinetics, Affinity, and Concentration Assays
Based on Bio-Layer Interferometry (BLI), Octet® BLI systems enable real-time, label-free analysis for the determination of kinetics, affinity and antibody/protein quantitation. This fluidics-free instrument platform offers several advantages over other label-free techniques like Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR). The Octet® BLI platform also provides robust monitoring of biomolecular interactions to overcome limitations in throughput, performance and cost associated with traditional technologies such as enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) or high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). These fluidics-free, low-maintenance, sensitive systems increase lab productivity, reduce costs and shorten experimental timelines.
The Sartorius Octet® BLI platform has become an invaluable technique analyzing therapeutic biomolecules at various stages of development. With unparalleled ease-of-use, the instruments transform workflows beyond the limitations of label-free methods, providing comprehensive characterization capabilities across a broad range of applications critical for efficient biotherapeutics development and production.
With a wide range of ligand capture surfaces that allow for immobilization of antibodies, recombinant proteins, DNA, RNA and virus-like particles, the Octet® BLI platform has become a must-have laboratory tool for biomolecular interactions studies.
Benefits to accelerate your research:
- Higher Throughput - Protein quantitation in as little as two minutes, and parallel processing of up to 96 samples
- Fast Time to Results – Automated analysis for faster time-to-market and faster publications
- Real-time Analysis – Binding interactions are continuously monitored as they happen. Don’t miss out on subtle kinetic behavior patterns.
- Crude Sample Compatibility - Analytes can be measured in crude, unpurified mixtures such as cell lysates or hybridoma supernatants.
- Ease of Use – Simple, integrated user interface designed for biologists. Spend less time learning instrumentation and more time deriving insights.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership – Low-maintenance system has no fluidics modules to clog, so no downtime while waiting for replacements.
Octet® R Series
Accelerate Your Research with an Upgradeable, Label-Free Protein Analysis Platform
Octet® RH16 and RH96
Unprecedented Throughput for Industry Applications
Octet®️ N1 – Label-Free Assays in a Drop
Benefit for Label-Free Detection Requirements
A microfluidic-free design allows for unprecedented time and cost savings for binding kinetics, affinity and analyte concentration measurement with high precision, accuracy and a broad dynamic range.
Parallel processing of up to 96 samples - coupled with minimal sample preparation - provides unprecedented throughput. Use fluidics-free assays with 96- and/or 384-well sample plates and ready-to-use biosensors for flexibility in sample types from large biologics to small molecules, purified or in crude form.
Octet® BLI systems are known for reliable, user-friendly, trouble-free operation and have quickly become the go-to systems in academic and industrial labs for their ease-of-use, robustness and application flexibility.
Rapidly develop and validate Octet® BLI assays for lot release, ligand binding, quantitation and impurity assays.