iPSC Therapy Research & Development
Understanding the complexities of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and defining the differentiation protocols needed to deliver the desired cell and tissue types requires:
- Controlling variability to ensure reproducibility of observations
- Automating assays to enable throughput
- Running assays at throughput to rapidly establish differentiation protocols and extensively validate differentiation markers
- Characterizing the phenotype and function of iPSCs at every stage of differentiation to understand the underlying biology and refine the differentiation protocol
- Gaining insight into iPSC differentiation and derivatives and establishing critical quality attributes (CQAs)
Sartorius' solutions for functional and phenotypic characterization of iPSCs enables the discovery and multiplexed screening validation of differentiation protocols, allowing you to accelerate the transfer to process development and time to market.
iPSC Therapy Research & Development Workflow
Featured iPSC Therapy Research & Development Products
CellCelector Automated Cell Selection and Retrieval Platform
Fully automated solution for the identification, targeted isolation and passaging of the desired stem cell colonies or clones.
- Clonal picking of newly-derived iPSC colonies
- Colony picking after genome editing (CRISPR)
- Colony splitting with transfer to 2 or 3 destination plates (creation of replica plates)
- Isolation of differentiated stem cell colonies
- Scanning and isolation of hematopoietic stem cell colonies from methylcellulose
- Isolation of single stem cells (single cell cloning or heterogeneity studies)
- Cleaning up of stem cell cultures by removal of differentiated area
See journal publication: Automated selection and harvesting of pluripotent stem cell colonies
Incucyte® Live-Cell Analysis Platform
Enables real-time, live-cell imaging and analysis directly inside your incubator. It provides an easy way to check for pluripotency, confluency, and differentiation over time.
- Monitor growth and differentiation of iPSCs
- Gain insight into cell morphology over time throughout the differentiation process
- Incucyte® images facilitate visual monitoring of changes in phenotype and loss of pluripotency over time
- Analyzing the confluence of colonies using the Incucyte® software integrated AI confluence algorithm
- Assess colony number and average area
iQue® Advanced Flow Cytometry Platform
A high-throughput, cell and bead-based flow cytometry platform for the assessment of pluripotency and differentiation marker expression in combination with viability of iPSC cultures.
- Miniaturized assay format due to the low volume requirements of the iQue® reduces sample wastage, meaning more cells are available for downstream analysis, expansion, and differentiation
- High-throughput sample acquisition (15 minutes for a full 96-well plate) reduces workflow time and facilitates enhanced replication, meaning more robust data
- Plate-level, real-time data visualization tools enable rapid comparison between cell lines, resulting in the fastest path to actionable results
Research Use Only (RUO) Growth Factors & Cytokines
Explore our range of high-quality, animal-free research use only growth factors and cytokines for cell-based applications.
- Fully animal-derived and component-free
- Stringent validation using relevant assay models and workflows provides reliable and reproducible data
- Supply chain consistency enable seamless transition from research to production
- Maximum quality and safety reassurance due to state-of-the-art production, stringent control and comprehensive documentation, along with expert technical and regulatory support
Octet® Label-Free Bio-Layer Interferometry (BLI) Detection Systems
Octet®️ Label-free BLI analysis platform is a highly versatile tool that can be utilized to evaluate binding interactions across a variety of analytes ranging from small molecules, nucleic acids, proteins and peptides as well as nanoparticles.
- Evaluation of CRISPR/Cas inhibitor proteins
- Quantitative immunoassay platform to determine CRISPR/Cas induced gene activation levels and to quantitate protein expression levels
- Detection and quantitation of cytokines
- Rapid and direct quantitation of AAV capsids
Pluripotent Stem Cell Media
NutriStem® hPSC XF Medium is a powerful low-bFGF medium that works across research and clinical workflows, giving you ultimate control over your cultures.
- Defined, xeno-free, serum-free medium
- Designed for optimal growth and expansion of human iPSCs and hESCs
- Customizable formulation
- Custom scale-up services available
- Scientific and regulatory support
- Drug Master File (DMF) available
Sartorius iPSC Research & Development Benefits
CellCelector technology enables a gentle mechanical transfer method with high specificity maximizing cell viability and clonality of picked colonies while maintaining their pluripotent characteristics.
For picking of adherent colonies the CellCelector combines a very gentle, crosswise scrape movement with the simultaneous aspiration of the colony. This gently loosens the colony from the base of the culture plate or feeder cell layer.
Continuous morphological assessment for easy monitoring of iPSC colonies throughout differentiation with Incucyte® Live-Cell Analysis System.
Conserve precious sample and time during iPSC phenotyping with iQue® Advanced Flow Cytometry Platform by sampling as little as a single microliter from miniaturized assay volumes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I ensure stem cell colonies maintain their biological characteristics after isolation and transfer?
The CellCelector Flex, with its specifically designed scrape process for picking adherent cells and cell colonies, is extremely gentle, very specific and therefore ideally suited for the clonal passaging of stem cells, stem cell colonies as well as the isolation of specific parts of a stem cell colony.
Which assay allows the rapid, real time and high-throughput measurement of AAV concentration in samples across the AAV bioprocess?
The Octet® Bio-Layer Interferometry (BLI) platform with the newly developed AAVX Biosensor offer a quantitation dynamic range of 8.5x108 to 1.0x1013 vp/mL, high precision and broad AAV serotype binding specificity, allowing for the quantitation of 10 different serotypes.
The Incucyte® Organoid Culture QC Application is a turnkey solution consisting of a validated 3D cell culture protocol and software module for real-time visualization and label-free objective quantification to optimize organoid culture conditions.