Filtration systems that ensure quality beer and maximize production
Beer brewing is a complex yet fascinating process. With the rise in popularity of craft beers there have been many new entrants into the market. We supply beer filtration systems all round the world, offering a world-class membrane filter. Whichever of our systems you choose you’ll be getting an easy-to-operate, low-maintenance system that produces maximum process security. They are also straightforward to integrate into existing production processes.
Benefit from Sartorius’ expertise and experience, confident in second-to-none filtration.
Beer Production Process Steps - Why use our filtration consumables?
From large scale to micro breweries, the aim is the same: a pure beverage that retains its distinctive characteristics of taste. Our product range impacts on the brewing process at several key stages:
Filtration of water in the brew house: good beer needs lots of pure water. Our Sartopure® filters improve clarification and deliver precise particle retention.
- Benefit from several polypropylene filtration layers
- Have finer, less bonded fibers and provide higher porosity
- Have unequaled filtration capacity
- Reduce particles that clog water
- Improve clarification
- Deliver more precise particle retention
- Protect the membrane cartridges and ensure the longer life of the final filters
Jumbo Star Sartopure® PP filters with pleated surfaces
Jumbo Star Sartopure® PP2 5 μm has proved an excellent filtration system for beer after the conditioning phase, maximizing production yield, whilst reducing the beer maturation process from 14 to 7 days, ensuring the same quality standard of turbidity and yeast concentration.
Aquasart® PS Membrane Filter Cartridge
Aquasart® PS 0.2µm filter cartridges are integrity testable membrane filters especially developed for filtration of water in the Food & Beverage Industry. They are highly asymmetrical and characterised by a unique hydrophilic Polyethersulfone (PESU) membrane offering a broad chemical compatibility, exceptional high flow rates, total throughputs and highest microbiological safety. They meet GMP and pharmacopeia standards.
Cellar technology in the cold block. Gas filtration at this step using Sartofluor® GA filters eliminates the risk of contamination. Our Sartofluor® filters ensures:
- No risk of air contamination
- Sterile air filtration which conforms with pharmaceutical standards
- High flow rate and technical support for filter sizing
- No risk of collapsing tanks
Sartofluor® GA Cartridges for Filtration of Air & Gas
Gas filtration using Sartofluor® filters eliminates the risk of contamination. Our Sartofluor® filters ensure no risk of air contamination, sterile air filtration which conforms with standards, high flow rate and technical support for filter sizing and no risk of collapsing tanks.
Filtration using Sartopure® filters further enhances clarification. Sartopure® PP3 pre-filters are the ideal choice for particle retention, clarification and protection of final membrane in all applications. The Sartopure® PP3 series provides:
Highest robustness in pre-filtration applications based on the unique retention performance of the fleece materials.
Very low adsorption assuring the high respect of your beer aroma and taste.
Sartopure® PP Particle Reduction Filter Elements for F&B Applications
Sartopure® PP3 filter elements are high performance polypropylene fleece based pre-filters that improve your product quality. Advanced fleece materials and composition not only extend service life of your downstream membrane but also reduce filter consumption in total.
Whether using fine or trap filters we recommend Sartopure® filters at this stage. According to the filtration purpose, Aquasart®, Sartopure® PP and Sartocool® filters can be used. The latter hugely increases productivity and reduces costs. Check the filtration system through an integrity test after sterilization of the filter cartridges and before the sterile filtration of water, beer.
- Benefit from membrane filters that achieve the highest microbiological standards
- All cartridges fulfil FDA requirements
- Have excellent flow rates and protect the following filtration steps
- High flow rates reduce operation costs
- Are resistant to chemical cleaning procedures
- Have the mechanical stability withstanding the high mechanical and thermal stress
- The membranes’ low adsorption ensures that beer characteristics like foam stability are not affected
- Consistent hydrophilicity achieves constant flow rates
- Enjoy validated, testable reliability
Sartocool® PS Filters
Sartocool® PS enables you to achieve the highest microbiological safety for your beer. And as more and more customers prefer cold filtered beer because of its natural taste, Sartocool® is our contribution to you meeting their requirements at the same time as positively impacting on your bottom line.
Sartocheck® Mini Filter Integrity Tester for Food & Beverage Applications
Ensure 100% reliable filling by testing all final membrane filters with our automated testing system Sartocheck® mini.