Efficient filtration is a critical step in biopharmaceutical processing. Sartorius tangential flow filtration (TFF) cassettes provide high-performance separation in various upstream and downstream bioprocessing unit operations. They are available in a range of molecular weight cut-offs and micron range, from lab scale to process scale, in single-use and re-usable formats. When used together with associated TFF systems and filter holders, these TFF cassettes provide a complete seamless solution for efficient, robust, and reproducible TFF operations, including ultra- and microfiltration.
Find the Right Tangential Flow Filtration Cassette
For the retention of materials in the ultra-scale range (e.g., proteins, mAbs, or viral particles)
Polyethersulfone (PES) Ultrafilter
Nominal Molecular Weight Cut-offs
2, 5, 10, 30, 100, 300 kDa
1, 5, 8, 10, 30, 50, 100, 300 kDa
10 cm², 50 cm², 200 cm², 0.1 m², 0.4 m², 0.6 m², 0.7 m², 1.4 m², 3.0 m², 3.5 m², 7 m², 14 m²
10 cm², 50 cm², 200 cm², 0.1 m², 0.4 m², 0.6 m², 0.7 m², 1.4 m², 3.0 m², 3.5 m²
Typical Process Fit
Peptide, Oligonucleotide, Proteins (Albumin), Blood Factors, Monoclonal antibodies (mAb), Vaccines
Proteins (Albumin), Blood Factors, Monoclonal antibodies (mAb), Vaccines
For the retention of material on the micro-scale range (e.g., cells and visible particles)
Polyethersulfone (PES) Microfilter
0.2 & 0.45 µm
200 cm², 0.1 m², 0.4 m², 0.6 m², 3.0 m²
200 cm², 0.1 m², 0.6 m², 3.0 m²
Typical Process Fit
Cells, Particles, Mycoplasma reduction
Advantages of Single-Use TFF Cassettes
- Pre-flushed, sterile, ready to use.
- No cleaning or water flush required, which saves time on setup and validation.
- High product yield and high sustained flux due to low-protein-binding membrane.
- No glues used, resulting in low extractables
Hydrosart® high-performance membrane is a stabilized cellulose-based membrane that has been optimized for biopharmaceutical process applications.
- Stable across a broad pH range.
- Extremely hydrophilic, making it non-protein binding and virtually non-fouling.
- Membrane cleaning, storage and depyrogenation can be accomplished by using NaOH even at elevated temperatures and concentrations.
The polyethersulfone (PES) membrane is well-established in the biotechnological and pharmaceutical industries.
- Stable polymer that features a broad pH and temperature range.
- Membrane regeneration, storage and depyrogenation can be accomplished by using NaOH even at elevated temperatures.
- Ideally suited for biotechnology applications
Single-Use Sartocube Hydrosart® Self-Contained Unit
Sartocube® Self Contained Units (SCUs) are 1.4 m² to 14 m² pre-sterilized disposable units suitable for use in cGMP environments. The SCU is available in a variety of molecular weight cut-offs and in polyethersulfone (PES) and Hydrosart® membrane types.