Sartorius Membrane filters, a membrane for nearly every need
Our membranes and recommended use(s):
- CN: Nitrocellulose — Blotting of proteins or DNA
- CN (MCE): Cellulose Nitrate (Mixed Cellulose Ester) — Particle Retention and Cell Capture in aqueous solutions or air
- CA: Cellulose Acetate — Particle Retention and Removal for aqueous solutions or air
- RC :Regenerated Cellulose — Particle Removal for solvents or aqueous solutions
- PES: Polyethersulfone — Filter aqueous media or solvent Pharmaceutical Solutions & mixtures
- PA: Polyamide — Particle Removal for solvents
- PTFE: Polytetra-fluoroethylene for solvents and gases — Particle Removal
- PC-TEM: Polycarbonate Track-etched Membranes — Particulate Analysis in solvents or aqueous solutions or medias
Engineered for superior performance in all protein blotting systems
Sartorius, engineering better nitrocellulose membranes since 1929
A common companion for blotting paper is nitrocellulose membranes, often used for protein and DNA analysis and purifications. Sartorius is proud of our long history in cellulose nitrate membranes. Since 1929 we've been leading the competition in membrane production and our nitrocellulose is no exception. Available in 30 cm wide rolls with two pore sizes (0.22 μm and 0.45 μm) and high binding capacities (>200 μg/cm2) Sartorius' nitrocellulose membranes are ideal for western blotting, DNA blotting as well as dot or slot blots, and they have been optimized for superior performance in all protein blotting systems, including electrotransfer, semi-dry or simple capillary blotting applications.
- 0.22 μm and 0.45 μm pore sizes
- >200 μg/cm2 binding capacity
- Fast flow rates (27 - 70 ml/min•cm2 )
- Available in easy to use 30 cm x 3 meter rolls
Cellulose Nitrate (CN) membranes, the One the started it all!
Sartorius Cellulose Nitrate Membrane filters, one for nearly every need.
Cellulose nitrate or mixed cellulose ester membrane filters are indicated for many general laboratory applications where a membrane with a high non-specific adsorption is suitable. They are hydrophilic, have high flow rates thanks to their symmetric structure and are compatible with aqueous solutions (pH 4 to 8), hydrocarbons and several other organic solvents. The cellulose nitrate membranes are available in different pore sizes from 0.2 μm to 8 μm.
- High flow rates
- Aqueous and organic solvent compatible
- For particle retention and cell capture in aqueous solutions or air
- Available in multiple diameters and pore sizes
Polyethersulfone! Perfect for Clarification of Aqueous Solutions
Polyethersulfone (PES) membrane filters, a nearly perfect filter solution
Polyethersulfone (PES) membrane filters are hydrophilic, high flow rate and low non-specific protein adsorptive membranes. These properties make them excellent for the filtration of aqueous solutions as well as variouse solvents and pharmaceutical solutions. Available in pore sizes from 0.1 um to 0.45 um and multiple diameters, Sartorius is sure to have a polyethersulfone (PES) membrane filters for nearly your every need.
- Suitable for aqueous & solvents
- Sterilization by Autoclaving
- Chemically resistant over a wide pH scale (1-14)
- Very low extractables
- Multiple pore sizes & diameters available
Excellently suited for the particle removal from solvents!
Sartorius Regenerated Cellulose (RC) membrane filters, regeneration never worked so well!
Regenerated Cellulose membranes are very low adsorption membranes that are also hydrophilic, solvent-resistant (pH 3-12) and therefore excellently suited for the particle removal from solvents. The membrane is asymmetric and reinforced with nonwoven cellulose making them very durable. They are available in two pore sizes: 0.45 μm and 0.2 μm and several diameters, making it easy to fine regenerated cellulose filter for almost every need.
- Solvent and pH resistant
- Fast flow rates
- Available in two pores sizes and multiple diameters
Chemically resistant to alkaline solutions and organic solvents for those special needs
Polyamide membrane (PA) filters, from Sartorius
Polyamide membrane filters are hydrophilic and chemically resistant to alkaline solutions and organic solvents. They are therefore recommended for the particle removal from aqueous solutions and solvents for analytical determination such as HPLC. They are also suitable for the sterile filtration of these liquids as well as for applications where a membrane with a relatively high nonspecific adsorption is acceptable. Available in two pore sizes only but multiple diameters, Sartorius’ PA filters will fit that special need every time.
- Chemically resistant to alkaline solutions
- Super for HPLC preparations
- Hydrophilic & suitable for sterile filtration of organic solvents
- Available in 0.2 μm & 0.45 μm pore sizes and multiple diameters
Don't get wet, get even! With 100% Hydrophobic PTFE membranes
Sartorius Hydrophobic PTFE (polytetra-fluorethylene) membrane filters, when dry matters
Hydrophobic PTFE (polytetra-fluorethylene) membranes are permanently hydrophobic. The main application of these membrane filters is the filtration of air, gases or chemicals. Unlike other (hydrophilic) filter types, they are not wetted by air humidity, allowing unhindered passage of air at low differential pressures as well. PTFE membrane filters have an excellent chemical compatibility (pH 1 to 14), so that they are also used for the filtration of solvents and acids, to which other filter types are not resistant. Moreover they can be used to filter aqueous solutions as well, but because of their hydrophobic characteristics, they must be pre-wetted with ethanol or methanol before the filtration of aqueous media solutions. Available in multiple pore sizes and diameters, we are sure to have a PTFE membrane for nearly your every need.
- Hydrophobic but wettable; excellent chemical compatibility
- Perfect for filtration of air, gases or chemicals directly
- Can be used for aqueous solutions too once wetted
- Available in multiple pore sizes and diameters
Track-etch technology, the cutting edge in particle analysis!
Sartorius Polycarbonate Track-Etched (PC-TEM) Membranes
Polycarbonate Track-Etched (PC-TEM) membranes are uniquely structured membranes designed for mostly specialized uses where their unique properties can be exploited. These white and hydrophilic polycarbonate track-etched membranes are manufactured from high grade polycarbonate film using track-etch technology. The etching allows their capillary pore structure to be uniform and precise, making a membrane with a narrow pore size distribution. Thus they are excellent for precise particle retention and analysis. Moreover, becoming nearly clear with wet, track-etched membranes such as Sartorius’ Polycarbonate Track-Etched (PC-TEM) membranes offer the user distinct performance advantages when excellent surface capture and high sample visibility are required. Thus applications include inert particulate analysis, but also epifluorescence microscopy, fluid clarification, cytology, cell biology, bioassays, water microbiology and environmental analysis because of their excellent optical characteristics when wet.
- Specialized track-etched technology membranes
- Highly precise pore sizes
- Excellent optical visibility
- Available in two pore sizes and multiple diameters