The Universal Controller for Your Lab
The Biostat® B is our universal benchtop controller for stirred and rocking motion systems.
The multi-talented control tower opens up a new world of flexibility for your changing requirements. Use it as single or twin configuration, choose your cultivation chamber from our proven range of options:
Designed to meet your specific needs, Biostat® B covers a wide range of applications, extending from use as a flexible basic unit for preclinical research to a fully qualified system that complies with the requirements of a validated GMP environment. You can use our Biostat® B for animal, plant and insect cell cultivation as well as for microbial fermentation.
- Stirred and rocking motion, reusable and single-use culture vessels - all controlled with one DCU tower
- Single or twin set-up for control of one or two culture vessel
- Gassing system comparable to our Biostat STR® with up to four mass flow controller
Configurable Design Thanks to Variety of Flexible and Scalable Options
Proven Cultivation Vessels and Advanced Automation
Our proven autoclavable borosilicate glass culture vessel is available in four different volumes: 1 L, 2 L, 5 L and 10 L for all kinds of cell culture and microbial applications.
- Classical stirred-tank design simplifies your scale-up and scale-down studies
- Extensive performance and engineering data package available
- Save additional investment and use our special design for small autoclaves
Our single-use 2 L stirred-tank vessel for cell culture applications combines scalable design with all the benefits of disposable solutions. No more worries about challenging timelines, workload or cross-contamination. Get started within minutes.
- Fully single-use vessel. DO and pH sensors
- Proven, scalable stirred-tank design
- Connection kit to upgrade existing bioreactor controllers
Our proven wave-mixed bioreactor consists of a rocker unit with bag holder and pillow-shaped Flexsafe® RM single-use bags for culture volumes from 100 mL to 25 L. Use it as basic system or in combination with the BIOSTAT® B control tower and single-use optical pH and DO sensors to enable advanced control strategies for batch, fed-batch and continuous perfusion.
- Easy-to-use rocker with advanced alarms and safety features for reliable cultivation
- Space-saving, individual control of two RM bags on the same rocker platform
- Inline viable biomass measurement for reduced sampling need and contamination risk
Besides classic DO cascade control, we have developed the unique advanced DO controller that gives you more flexibility to develop and optimize your DO control strategy.The advanced DO controller supports parallel adjustment of all DO affecting parameter settings like stirrer speed and gas flow rates of air and pure oxygen, automatically and simultaneously to control the DO set point. Optionally, you can keep the total gas flow rate constant and the ratio of pure oxygen in the gas mixture is increased automatically to match the oxygen consumption of the culture. This gives you ultimate flexibility to adapt your aeration strategy to your process requirements.
Biostat® B Applications
BIOSTAT® B with UniVessel® Glass + BioPAT® Trace
- Online measurement of glucose | lactate
- Make real-time data about glucose concentrations available to supervisory control software
BIOSTAT® B with UniVessel® Glass + BioPAT® ViaMass
- Operate the BioPAT® ViaMass probe without any external software
- Monitor the viable cell volume directly on the local control screen
- Make information about the viable cell volume available to supervisory control software
BIOSTAT® B with RM Rocker + BioPAT® ViaMass
- Inline real-time measurement of biomass concentration and growth rate
- Single-use sensor disc integrated into Flexsafe® RM bags
- Biomass monitoring of microcarrier cultures in vaccine and regenerative medicine
BIOSTAT® B with UniVessel® Glass + BioPAT® Fundalux
- Continuous monitoring of cell growth in your culture by measuring the turbidity in a defined optical path based on near infrared light
BIOSTAT® B with UniVessel® Glass + BioPAT® Xgas
- Automatic calculation of metabolic data
- Optimization of microbial and high cell density processes