Chemotactic Migration and Invasion Assays for Live-Cell Analysis
Use the Incucyte® Live-Cell Analysis System to study chemotactic cell migration across 2D substrates and directional cell invasion through 3D biomatrix gels.
- Visualize chemotaxis in real time with fully automated analysis
- Use the Incucyte® Clearview 96-well Plate for highly reproducible 96-well kinetic assays
- Low cell usage ideal for rare, expensive and primary cell populations
- Chemotactic gradients are stable and maintained over 72 hours
Chemotactic invasion through 3D biomatrix gels
- Real time imaging and quantification of cell invasion through 3D biomatrix gels
- Assess metastatic potential and define the effect of treatments on invasive phenotype.
- Explore differential biology of chemotactic cell migration and invasion in the same plate.
Chemotactic transendothelial migration of leukocytes
- Monitor and quantify directional leukocyte migration across an endothelial monolayer in real time
- Visualize endothelial monolayer integrity and leukocyte diapedesis
- Investigate the biological effects of inhibitors and neutralizing antibodies
Commonly Used Approaches
In vitro assays for cell migration and chemotaxis are necessary for both basic-research and drug discovery. The table below shows capabilities and challenges of some common approaches.
|Existing Boyden Chambers||Microfluidic Devices|
Incucyte® Chemotaxis Cell Migration and Invasion
|Migration in the absence of chemotactic gradients|
|Low cell usage (<5,000 per well)|
|Suitable for non-adherent cells|
|Migration across a surface|
Invasion through a 3D gel matrix
Integrated cell observation
96-well throughput or higher
Workflow: set up and walk away