High-Throughput Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) for Faster Hit Identification
To keep pace with the current global demand for antibody fragment characterization, vaccine research and whole cell biologics, continuous technological advances are crucial in helping turn initial research hypotheses into actionable results.
This is especially true within the field of label-free protein analysis.
Accordingly, Sartorius now offers complete bio-layer interferometry (BLI) and surface plasmon resonance (SPR) label-free protein analysis solutions to match your current and future research requirements.
With exceptional sensitivity for both small and large molecules, low baseline noise and drift, large injection volumes and novel OneStep® and NeXtStep™ Gradient Injection technologies, the new Octet® SF3 allows users to generate high-quality binding kinetics and affinity data in a fraction of the time compared to standard multi-cycle or single-cycle kinetics. Combined with software designed by users for users, the Octet® SF3 offers a robust, high-throughput, low maintenance SPR solution for the rapid characterization of a wide variety of biomolecular interactions.
Discover Octet® SPR with unique patented injection modes
Discover More of the Octet® SF3
Features of the Sartorius Octet® SF3
- Two standard injection formats: OneStep® Injection Technology and industry standard multi-cycle kinetics (MCK)
- Eliminate the need to prepare concentration dilution series for each analyte, saving on time, reagents and plate space
- Diffuse a single concentration of analyte into a stream of buffer to create an analyte concentration gradient of at least three orders of magnitude
- Accurate measurement of molecule kinetics and affinity from a single analyte concentration
- Determine the behavior of an analyte in the presence of a competitor molecule from a single injection
- Assess multiple analytes and competitors in a single assay without the need for the competitor to be present in the running buffer
- Clearly determine full binding kinetic profiles, affinity and site-specific competition as a modulation of binding in the presence of a competitor molecule
- Generate complete kinetics and affinity for up to 768 samples in a single unattended assay
- OneStep® Injection Technology: More than 72 hours unattended run time and a unique sample layout allows for high-throughput acquisition and analysis of hundreds of samples in a single run, making the Octet® SF3 suitable for even the most high-throughput library screens
Benefits of the Octet® SF3
Increased Buffer Volume
- Holds up to three one-liter bottles, comprising of one water and two buffer lines
- Independently functioning buffer lines, allowing the use of two running buffers to be used during an assay
- Dedicated water line to minimize the risk of buffer precipitation and blockage formation
- Optimized fluidic system, specifically designed to minimize potential sources of blockage
- System desorb, clean and decontamination protocols ensure maximum system up-time
- Novel fluidic design results in a strong, robust, low maintenance system
- Recovery of precious samples for further analysis can rapidly decrease workflow times
- The Octet® SF3 allows the recovery of bound analyte using a predefined Sample Recovery Injection
- The same analyte can therefore be re-used for alternative analytical techniques
Thermodynamic and Physiological Measurements
- Study interactions across a wide range of temperatures to rapidly assess kinetics and affinity of therapeutics at physiological temperatures
- In-line buffer degassing prevents air bubble formation and when combined with large syringe volume (700 µl) allows the accurate calculation of dissociation rate constants
Octet® Surface Plasmon Resonance Resources
Octet® SPR Downloads and Guides
Find the latest guides, application notes, white papers and more for the next generation Octet® SF3 Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) platform.