Concentration at its Best. Only with Vivaspin®, Vivacon® and Vivaflow®.
The World’s Best Engineered Ultrafiltration Devices
Do you need to concentrate your sample for protein chromatography, crystallography, structural analysis, or protein assays? Or how about genomic DNA prior to PCR, or RNA for library construction? Our broad portfolio of fast membrane-based products achieves high concentration factors with optimal recoveries of even highly dilute samples, quickly and mildly.
- Save time and protect your sample, with our fast, industry leading membranes
- Ultimate flexibility with 2 – 1,000 kDa MWCOs and capacity for any sample from 0.1 mL to 5 L
- THE solution to any concentration or diafiltration application
Let the Vivaspin®, Vivacon® and Vivaflow® lab ultrafiltration range fulfill all your concentration and diafiltration needs.
Vivaflow® and Vivaspin® Workflow in Protein Research Laboratories
This protocol demonstrates how Vivaflow® cassettes, Vivapure® Ion Exchange spin columns and Vivaspin® devices can be used to perform a complete protein purification workflow, from concentration and diafiltration of the original protein source, a cell culture supernatant, to final concentration and desalting of the purified protein.
Concentrate on Work. Leave Your Sample Concentration to Sartorius.
Concentration to a defined final volume with Vivaspin® Turbo 15 and Vivaspin® 500
Vivaspin® dead-stops, while designed to protect against concentrating to dryness, can also be modified to consistently ensure a pre-defined final sample volume. Once spin times and final volumes have been established, reproducible defined final concentrate volumes can be quickly and easily achieved, every time.
- Vertical membranes, optimally positioned for maximum speed
- Unfailing product consistency ensures reproducible results
- Broadest MWCO and membrane choice for any target
- Highest flexibility in sample capacities
PCR Primers Getting in the Way? Spin Them out of the Picture.
Primer removal after PCR with Vivacon® 500 and 2
Ultrafiltration can be used to isolate and concentrate PCR products. This rapid, simple technique achieves high recoveries, and leaves DNA undamaged and free of contaminants that may inhibit or interfere with downstream processes. Here, we outline primer removal using Vivacon® 500 and Vivacon® 2 devices, demonstrating efficient retention of 300 bp DNA fragments with 30 kDa Hydrosart membranes, while effectively removing 24 bp primers.
- Easier and cleaner than precipitation methods
- Avoid the dilution effects of chromatographic methods
- Higher recoveries than conventional methods
- Customizable to precise fragment and primer lengths
Treatment at pH 14? No problem for Vivaspin® Turbo 15.
Depyrogenation of Vivaspin® Turbo 15 in Comparison to Devices with Regenerated Cellulose Membranes
Endotoxins (or Lipopolysaccharides) are a component of gram-negative bacteria cell walls, an often unwanted impurity in laboratory research due to their inflammatory effects on mammalian immune systems. Here, the background levels of endotoxin from manufacturing are quantified in both Vivaspin® Turbo 15 and devices from another supplier. Additionally, both devices were subjected to treatment with 1 M NaOH, which is a commonly used method for depyrogenation.
- Low pyrogen levels following manufacture
- Performance unaffected by treatment with 1 M NaOH
- Concentrate samples nearly 3 times faster
- Achieve target recoveries > 97%