How to Perform a Norm Compliant Calibration or Test
Reliable and reproducible liquid handling results depend crucially on regular testing and calibration of the instruments. The globally most widely accepted standard that details requirements for producing and in-use control of piston-operated volumetric apparatus (POVA) is the ISO 8655.
The aim of this white paper is to present the requirements for gravimetric calibration and testing of piston-operated volumetric apparatus (POVA) according to part 6 and part 7 of ISO 8655 revised in 2022.
- Page Count: 7
- Read Time: 12 minutes
- Last Updated: February 2023
- Author: Axel Taube, Joni Ake, Dr. Ellen Hage, Dr. Lars Wallbaum
- ISO 8655:2022 requirements for gravimetric calibration and testing of piston-operated volumetric apparatus (POVA)
- Requirements for balances used for calibration and testing
- Requirements for other test equipment
- Test conditions to be observed
- Test procedures according to part 6 or 7 of the ISO 8655:2022