Sartobind® Q strong ion exchangers are perfect tools for the polishing of monoclonal antibodies for the removal of viruses, DNA, host cell proteins, leached Protein A, and endotoxins. As size exclusion effects are neglectible, they are suited for purification of viruses such as adeno or lentiviruses displaying one order of magnitude higher dynamic binding capacity.
Choose your product
Sartobind® Q membrane adsorbers display a macro-porous structure with pore size of > 3 µm. Quaternary ammonium ligands are bound covalently to the complete internal surface of the membrane, resulting in separation media of high binding capacity combined with exceptional high flow rates.
Applications virus and VLP capture:
As size exclusion effects are negligible, they are suited for purification of viruses and display one order of magnitude higher dynamic binding capacity compared to resin. Viruses such as adeno- or lentiviruses are captured at high flow rates. The material allows also >100 cycles of re-use without loss of binding capacity.
- High speed purification at 5 - 30 bed volumes per minute
- No size exclusion effects for large proteins an viruses / VLPs
- >10fold higher binding capacities compared to conventional resins
Applications flow-through polishing:
Sartobind Q is the perfect tool for the flow-through polishing of valuable proteins such as monoclonal antibodies. The bed volumes can be kept sufficiently small during the removal of viruses, DNA, host cell proteins, leached Protein A, and endotoxins from such pharmaceutical proteins.
Benefits flow-through polishing:
- Virus clearance > 6 log
- DNA below detection limit
- Host cell protein removal > 99 %
- Endotoxin removal > 5 log
- Save 80 % of column costs
Easy to use:
- Plug and play devices from 0.08 mL to 5 L
- Can be used like a filter
- Flow rate up to 30 bed volumes/min
- Re-usable or disposable