Octet® Protein L (ProL) Biosensors
Octet® Protein L (ProL) Biosensors are designed for rapid and direct quantitation of a broad set of kappa light chain containing IgG proteins, including whole molecules, FAb fragments and single chain variable fragments, in buffer or complex matrices. Octet® ProL Biosensors are offered in a tray format. Each tray contains 96 biosensors. Larger orders include discounts. The 5-tray pack represents a 10% per tray discount; 20-tray case represents a 20% per tray discount.
Key Features of Octet® Protein L (ProL) Biosensors
- Broader recognition of Ig isotypes and species compared to Protein A or G
- Regenerable and cost-effective
- Binds whole molecule Ab and FAb fragments
- Quantitate in crude matrices
Top Applications for Octet® Protein L (ProL) Biosensors
- Quantitation of IgG’s via kappa light chain
- Hybridoma screening
- Clone selection
- Antibody and Fab fragment titer measurement
Item no.: 18-5085
Octet® ProL Biosensors are coated with recombinant Protein L, which recognizes a wider range of antibody classes than both Protein A and Protein G, including IgG, IgM, IgA, IgE and IgD. These biosensors offer a rapid and direct method for quantitation of a broad set of kappa light chain containing IgG proteins, including whole molecules, FAb fragments and single chain variable fragments. Octet® Protein L (ProL) Biosensors are especially useful for quantifying antibodies and antibody fragments from serum-based cultures because Protein L does not bind bovine immunoglobulins, which often contaminate serum supplements.
(Note that Protein L does not recognize all kappa light chains. For example, Protein L recognizes mouse VKl (but not VKll, VKIII and VKIV) and human VKI, VKIII and VKIV (but not VKII).)
- Typical dynamic range for Fab: 0.05 - 2000 µg/mL
- Sensitivity can be extended by longer read times and higher shake speed
- Throughput: 16 and 96 samples in as little as 2 minutes on Octet® RH16 and RH96 respectively
- Precision: CV < 10%
Octet® ProL Biosensors can be regenerated up to 10 times via a standard low pH protocol allowing for additional analyses and providing a cost-effective format for analyzing large sample libraries.
- Octet® RH96
- Octet® N1