First virus retentive filter for cell culture media.
Protect your cell culture media from virus contaminations with the 20 nm high flux PES Virosart® Media. The filter retains ≥ 4 LRV for small non-enveloped viruses like MVM or Vesivirus and ≥ 6 LRV for large enveloped viruses.
Choose your product
- Target molecule: The main application for Virosart® Media is virus retentive filtration of chemically defined cell culture media.
- Virus clearance: Virosart® Media targets the removal of small non-enveloped adventitious viruses (20 nm) e.g. MVM or vesivirus from chemically defined cell culture media.
- Positioning: Virosart® Media is used after the media preparation step itself before transferring the media into the bioreactor. This can be operated either as in-line filtration (e.g. perfusion) or batch filtration. Performance of the Virosart® Media is independent of the use of powder or liquid media but could be strongly impacted by the media itself. Virosart® Media is optimized for chemically defined media. Protein transmission for mAbs and recombinant proteins is not given for this filter.
- Robust virus clearance: Virosart® Media provides high virus safety to the bioreactor as it is qualified for ≥ 4 LRV (Log10 reduction value) of small non-enveloped viruses (e.g. MVM) and ≥ 6 LRV for large enveloped viruses.
- Short processing times: Based on the optimized Polyethersulfone membrane, Virosart® Media provides highest flow rates and excellent capacity for cell culture media (e.g. ≥ 1000 L/m2 in 4 h).
- Smart process transfer: The hollow fiber format supplies highest consistency and scalability from lab to process scale.
- Cost efficiency: The high packing density of the elements combines extremely low hold up with low footprint requirements.
- Ready to use: The sterile delivery secures ease of use as well as fast installation of the filter elements.
- Ease of use: Virosart® HF are tested for integrity using a water-based diffusion test, e.g. based on the Sartocheck® technology of Sartorius Stedim Biotech
- Each individual module is tested for integrity and for water flow rate during manufacturing
- Validated for ≥ 4 LRV removal of small non-enveloped viruses using bacteriophage PP7
- Designed, developed and manufactured in accordance with an ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System
- Meet or exceed the requirements for WFI quality standards set by the current USP
- Non pyrogenic according to USP Bacterial Endotoxins
- USP Plastic Class Test VI
The Sartocheck® 5 Plus Filter Tester is an automatic filter integrity tester with automated Quality Risk Management (QRM) designed to cover the complete range of integrity testing from small syringe filters up to large multi-round housings and tangential flow cassettes.
Sartopore® 2 is the industry standard of high-performance polyethersulfone (PES) liquid filters. A broad variety of different pore size combinations ensures highly economic and safe filtration performance. From single-layer high flow solutions to specific Mycoplasma retentive filters, Sartopore®2 perfectly adapts to your specific process needs.