Cubis® II Modular Premium Configurable Lab Balances
Weighing in a regulated environment can be complex, with stringent compliance directives and controls required to deliver the accuracy and reliability of results. One of the technologies helping scientists achieve this level of accuracy is the Cubis® II balance.
All weighing modules of the Cubis® II balance are designed for intuitive operation, further aided by intelligent diagnostic systems. These design elements guarantee a higher degree of repeatability for different workflows while lowering probability of human error during measurement. It offers modern user interfaces, pharmaceutical and GxP compliance, including data handling, data integrity and connectivity, ergonomic sample handling, easy process integration and unlimited communication.
Top Features of Cubis® II Balances:
- Fully customizable in four easy steps
- Custom modularity with thousands of hardware/software applications
- Confident compliance (21 CFR Part 11 and EU Annex 11) and complete traceability
- Seamless connectivity
Popular Applications for Cubis® II Balances
- Pharma compliant weighing
- Pipette checking according to DIN EN ISO 8655
- Chemical analysis and consumer care
Item no.: CUBIS_II_ANALYTICAL
The Cubis® II is a completely configurable, high-performance portfolio of balance hardware and software that will align with your unique demands and compliance requirements to maximize operational efficiency and experimental outcomes. Accuracy, flexibility and repeatability are ensured with four distinct pillars of performance:
Regardless of scientific discipline or application, we have your lab balance needs covered with our customizable line of products. Choose from among 45 weighing modules (Ultra-Micro and Micro, Semi-Micro and Analytical, Precision and High-Capacity balances), two user interfaces (Essential User Interface MCE and Advanced User Interface MCA) and seven draft shields for a great variety of possible hardware configurations. Our accessories offer ergonomic weighing and error-free weighing tasks. We have a selection of sample holders designed for various vials, flasks and samples – all to give you faster response time and better weighing stability.
QApp Packages are software programs that incorporate functions such as lab applications, functions or utilities. Choose from among our thematically structured QApp software packages, or simply choose what you need from QApps clustered by theme - for instance, choose the Pharma, Connectivity, Utilities or Advanced Application package. If needed, we can also create custom applications to further address your individual requirements. Every Cubis®️ II balance includes several native apps and function extensions for scientists in R&D and analytical laboratories needing the most reliable lab weighing results. These applications cover Mixing, Statistics, Totalization, Solids Density, Percentage Weighing, Multiplication, Averaging, Checkweighing, Highest Peak Value, Counting, Interval Print, Barcode Print and Weighing with SBI Output.
To help enhance productivity, efficiency and data integrity, we offer an option with the Cubis® II MCA interface that allows communication over standard internet protocols. This standardized communication technology permits communication with your external software systems, such as LIMS or ELN, eliminating manual data transcription errors and enhancing data quality and integrity. Cubis® II balances with an MCA interface have USB A, B and C standard-equipped interface ports: USB C, RS232 and Ethernet. The USB interfaces allow maximum connectivity through optional interfaces, such as WLAN or Bluetooth®.
Sartorius Cubis® II is the first balance that supports all requirements to achieve 21 CFR part 11 and EU Annex 11 compliance without needing a single sheet of paper, eliminating the possibility to falsify process data and/or signatures. To always ensure compliance, the balances feature the following compliance protocols:
- Audit Trail & Alibi Memory - Tamper-protected, time-stamped electronic logfile
- Backup – Automatically execute time-controlled actions for backup to file share or export
- User Management – Password-controlled user management with access control
- Safe Data Transfer - Saves all files together with a calculated MD5 checksum which is stored in the audit trail files
- Electronic Signatures – Signatures can be used to sign final reports for weighing processes
- Time Synchronization - Supports automatic time synchronization via Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Data Integrity - Data generated by the Cubis® II balance follow the key principles ALCOA (+), which defines data integrity standards and relates to GxPs
Weighing Pan Dimensions85 × 85 mm
Minimum Sample Weight according to USP (typical)8.2 mg – 82 mg
Maximum Weighing Capacity120 g – 520 g