Clipster® Size L
Clipster® is a single-use solution to disconnect single-use transfer lines and bag assemblies used in biopharmaceutical applications maintaining sterility. The Clipster® is a single-use device that completes our range of solutions for performing sterile disconnections of tubing. The Clipster® is robust, quick and easy to use. The disconnection is performed with a hand-held tool which ensures quick and easy execution in various space requirements. Clipster® is the sole solution that can be installed by the operator at the point of disconnection. As not being in fluid contact Clipster® can be easily validated.
- Mechanical disconnection: can be performed on platinum cured silicone and thermoplastic tubings (see datashhet for list of validated materials)
- Sterility Assurance: Proven during validation with bacterial challenge via immersion in B. Atropheus at 10E6 CFU/mL
- Error proof design: Prevents mistakes
- 4-step operation: Easy, quick, robust and repeatable
- Intensively qualified: Safe and robust
- Available as stand alone product or preassembled: Flexible
- Portable hand tool: Easy to use
Drug Substance Purification
Drug Product Formulation
- Cell Harvest & Downstream Processing Intermediates
- Media Preparation
Disconnection MethodAseptic Disconnection
Disconnection Time60 sec.
Tube Size (ID – OD)
3/8" × 5/8" (9.6mm × 15.9mm)
- 1/2" × 3/4" (12.7mm × 19.1mm)
- 3/8" × 5/8" (9.6mm × 15.9mm)
Tuflux® SIL (except 1/2" x 3/4")
- Liveo™ Pharma 50
- Tuflux® SIL (except 1/2" x 3/4")
Materials of Construction
Connector MaterialPolycarbonate (PC)
Synthetic Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Platinum-Cured Silicone
- Synthetic Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Gamma Irradiatable
Clipster® hand held tool blades are a mandatory multi-use consumable to perform the disconnection steps with the Clipster® hand held tool. It is recommended to change the blade after performing 100 cuts.
Clipster® hand held tool is a reusable device to perform disconnections with single-use Clipster® components. It is available in two sizes: XS/S and L.