STD FLEXBOY® 50L (OPTA/AC)
Flexboy® 2D Bags are available in bag chamber volumes between 5 mL and 50 L. They are supplied sterile and ready to use for an easy and convenient process implementation. The versatile range of Flexboy® Pre-Designed Solutions (PDS) allows for sterile filtration, storage and transfer of all biopharmaceutical fluids. Multiple configurations are provided for flexible incorporation in all process steps and are qualified against extensive biological, chemical,physical, extractable and cell growth testing.
Item no.: FFB128234
Availability: On Request
When you select Flexboy® Pre-Designed Solutions (PDS), you benefit of the best assurance of supply, robustness, ease of use, closure integrity and biocompatibility for every media, buffer, harvest & downstream intermediates, drug substance and drug product process steps. You can use our intuitive digital brochure to select your Flexboy® PDS in a few seconds. PDS help speed up process design, reduce the numbers of stock keeping units (SKU’s) and hence reduce inventory management complexity and costs.
- The performance and assurance of supply are based on the complete control of our manufacturing process from the resins, the film, the bags, the filters and the assembly. Other fluid-contact components are secured by strategic partnerships, long term contracts and quality agreements and are available off-the-shelf to provide best delivery reliability.
- A Proven robustness: the strength and flexibility of Flexboy® bags make them robust and suitable for all process steps. Combining material science and film expertize in partnership with our suppliers, we have selected the best raw materials and extrusion process parameters to obtain consistent robustness in the entire film extrusion design space
- The closure integrity of Flexboy® 2D bags has been ensured for the last two decades using multiple qualification tests, process controls and a 100% in-process leak test resulting in 20 million 2D bags safely used worldwide. The assurance of integrity is the result of the control of the manufacturing process along the entire product lifecycle. Our new Supplier Integrity Test (SIT) and FlexAct® BT point of use leak test will continue to improve the process, product, operator and patient safety of Flexboy® 2D bags used in critical process steps.
- An excellent and reproducible cell growth: the resins and additives used for the film of Flexboy® 2D bags are optimized to ensure excellent and reproducible growth. The control of our entire process guarantees consistent lot-to-lot cell growth after short and long term media storage.
Flexboy® 2D bags are available as stand-alone bags and as filter & bag assemblies incorporating a variety of filter and bag sizes allowing easy adaptation to process volumes.
Inlet Filters and Connectors
Flexboy® 2D PDS are available with four sterilizing filtration options.
- Sartopore® 2 sterilizing-grade filter with 0.45 | 0.2 μm membranes optimized for buffer filtration
- Sartopore® 2 XLG sterilizing-grade filter with 0.8 | 0.2 μm membranes optimized for media filtration, cell harvest & downstream intermediates
- Sartopore® 2 XLM filter with advanced 0.2 | 0.1 μm pore size distribution and asymmetric prefilter membrane optimized for mycoplasma retention in media
- Sartopore® Platinum sterilizing-grade filter with 0.45 | 0.2 μm membranes optimized for drug substance and drug product filtration. The outstanding wetting properties of the modified membrane reduce by ten times the flushing volumes required prior to integrity testing
Silicone TuFlux® tube enables filter sterile disconnection with Clipster® for post-use integrity testing and sterile seal of the bag.
Alternatively, PDS are available with a sterile connection to another filter line to provide more flexibility.
The filter line is either connected with Opta® or welded with BioWelder® TC and subsequently disconnected for integrity using Biosealer®.
Another option is to perform an aseptic connection under Laminar Air Flow (LAF) using CPC quick couplers.
- Opta® SFT Male enables sterile connections to other single-use systems
- STCII Steamthru™ valve allows for steaming and sterile transfer to stainless steel systems
- CPC quick couplers are used for either sanitary connection or aseptic connection under ISO5 laminar air flow to single-use systems
- Tri-Clamp 1½” sanitary flange are used for either sanitary connection or aseptic connection under ISO5 laminar air flow to stainless steel systems
- Clave needleless sampling port enables for sterile sampling
- TuFlux® silicone tubing enables sterile disconnection with Clipster®
- Clear C-Flex® tubing allows for sterile weld connection with BioWelder® TC and sterile seal disconnection with BioSealer®
- EVA tubing enables sterile seal disconnection with Vante™ sealer
All fluid-contact components of Flexboy® PDS are secured by supply contracts and quality agreements to provide:
- Best quality, change control and business continuity with at least 24 months change notification
- Best delivery reliability with available stocks
- Compliance to quality standards: USP<87>& USP<88>, TSE/BSE, REACH
Maximum Allowable Working Temperature45 °C (113 °F)
Recommended Operating Temperature> 0 °C up to +45 °C
eShop Dynamic Attributes
Application AreaLiquid Storage
Connector Inlet⅜" Opta® SFT female
Connector Outlet⅜" STCII ¾" sanitary flange
Connector SamplingClave connector
Gas Barrier Layer MaterialEthylene vinyl alcohol (EVOH)
Inlet Line⅜" ID Silicone TuFlux 300 mm
Outlet Line⅜" ID Silicone TuFlux 300 mm
Process StepMedia Formulation
Product Contact Layer MaterialEthylene-vinyl acetate (EVA)
Sampling Lines3/16" ID EVA 50 mm + 3/16" Luer Lock female
Sterilization MethodGamma irradiation
The Flexboy® Tray and Rack Systems are designed to facilitate handling of both individual and manifold Flexboy® Bags (5 L–20 L) within biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes.