The BioPAT® Xgas monitors and controls bioprocesses in real time. It is a combined oxygen-carbon dioxide sensor featuring automatic compensation of humidity and pressure. The range for oxygen is 1 - 50% and for carbon dioxide 0 - 10%, with ±3% accuracy on the reference value and a difference of less than ±0.2% on the reading. The sensor is non-invasive and can be conveniently integrated onto a new Sartorius Stedim bioreactor exhaust line or your current system.
- Parallel and continuous measurement of O2 and CO2 using just one sensor
- Standardized integration into Sartorius bioreactors for event-based control, enabled by real-time determination of respiration parameters
- High accuracy and process reliability ensured by automatic compensation of humidity and pressure
- Compact design for convenient integration into both small lab bioreactors and process-scale fermenters
- Status display and calibration buttons directly on the BioPAT® Xgas for easy operation
Order Number: biopatxgas
Availability: On Request
The BioPAT® Xgas is a combined O2 |. CO2 sensor with automatic humidity and pressure compensation for the continuous monitoring and control of bioprocesses. The exhaust air passes through the integrated flow adapter to the test chambers, where the O2 and CO2 levels, humidity and pressure are analyzed.
- Measuring range O2: 1-50%
- CO2 measurement range: 0 - 10%
- Humidity range: 0 - 100%
- 1-point calibration: 20.97% O2; 0.04% CO2)
- Pressure range: 0.8 to 1.3 bar absolute
- Case: Stainless steel, IP65
- Temperature range: 15 - 40 ° C
- Power supply 24V (M12), via mains adapter
- Signal output 4-20mA (M12), maximum load 505 Ohm
The changes in oxygen and carbon dioxide measured by BioPAT® Xgas provide real-time data on biomass, substrate consumption and product formation rates. This data is obtained by accurately measuring the inlet gas concentration of both oxygen and carbon dioxide via the mass flow controllers and subtracting the difference measured on the outlet by the BioPAT® Xgas. The following standard parameters that can be calculated are the following:
- Oxygen uptake rate (OUR)
- Carbon dioxide emission rate / Carbon dioxide production rate (CER / CPR)
- Respiration quotient (RQ)
BioPAT® Xgas and BioPAT® MFCSwin-S88: The PAT Combination for Optimal Process Control
Off-gas analysis is often performed in microbial fermentations and high-cell density cultures due to high oxygen consumption and carbon dioxide production rates. The ideal combination of BioPAT® Xgas and the BioPAT® MFCS-S88 recipe module automatically calculates standard parameters, allowing control loops to be implemented for automated feeding strategies or phase changes. This combination provides additional steps for implementing a complete PAT concept for enhanced bioprocess control.