BioPAT® Fundalux 25mm for SS (C+&D) OPL 10mm
The probe operates on a transmittance principle using IR light to track total biomass. It is a tool to increase microbial fermentation yield by maximizing the use of nutrients, gases and other critical parameters. The system reduces the cost associated with 24-hour sampling and removes inconsistent off-line analysis. The BioPAT® Fundalux comes integrated into our BioPAT® DCU and automatic data conversion to optical density can be achieved with BioPAT® MFCS.
Item no.: BB-8846604
Availability (ex works): On Request
Language for product details
Our product details are available in different languages. Choose your preferred language.
BioPAT® Fundalux 25mm for Stainless steel vessel C+ & D OPL 1mm: BioPAT® Fundalux is an absorption-based photometric probe that uses light from 840 nm to 910 nm (NIR) to measure the turbidity in bioreactors and fermenters. A precisely defined and constant LED light beam passes through the process medium from either side of the gap on the probe’s shaft. Its hermetically sealed photodiode detects attenuation of the light intensity, which is caused when light is absorbed by cellular mass, dissolved compounds and insoluble material. The 180° constant direct beam optical path lengths (OPL) allow maximum utilization of LED light intensity. The changes in detected light intensity are caused by different degrees of absorption by materials in the medium, which is described by the Beer-Lambert law. This states that the logarithm of the transmission loss is proportional to the concentration of a substance. In addition, as BioPAT® Fundalux operates according to the transmittance principle in the NIR range, it is not affected by color changes in the cultivation medium. As a result, the probe measures the concentration of total biomass accurately and constantly throughout a process based on the respective medium properties.
- 1-Channel Absorption Probe (NIR)
- Range of wavelength: 840 - 910 nm
- Materials (wetted parts):stainless steel 1.4435 (SS 316 L) dF < 1%, BN2Surface: electro-polished Ra < 0.4 μmWindows: Sapphire (seal-less)
- Port connection: Thread G1-1/4", ISO 228/1for port OSP25 (similar Safety-Port)Diameter: 25 mmO-Ring groove for 30 mm and for 52 mm porth length
- Installation Kit AS - PN: 1201-3401-0001-00 includedO-Ring 18.64 x 3.53 mm EPDM (FDA / USP Class VI)
- Process temperature:permanent temperature: 5 - 65°C (41 - 149°F)peak (60 min/day): 5 - 135°C (41 - 275°F)
- Process pressure: max. 10 bar / 145 psi
- Cabel connection: Connector (push-pull)- sensor cable (3 m) included, pluggable on both side
- 3.1 inspection certificate included
Insertion Length45 mm
Optical Path Length10 mm
Use with>= 5L steel vessel