- Virus clearance: Virosart® HC retains ≥ 4 LRV of small non-enveloped viruses (e.g. PPV, MVM) and ≥ 6 LRV of large enveloped viruses (e.g. MuLV).
- Target molecule: The main applications for Virosart® HC for virus filtration are hydrophobic feed streams such as IVIG or any other plasma derivates as well as hydrophobic antibodies & recombinant proteins (< 150 kD).
- Positioning: Virosart® HC is used towards the end of the purification process of biopharmaceutical products for the virus filtration. At this stage, the purity of the biopharmaceutical product is at its highest and so fouling of the filter by contaminants (DNA, CHOP, aggregates & lipoproteins) will be low.
- Robust virus clearance: Virosart® HC retains ≥ 4 LRV of small non-enveloped viruses (e.g. PPV, MVM) and ≥ 6 LRV of large enveloped viruses (e.g. MuLV). This filter offers highest virus safety over the entire flow decay profile independently of operating pressure.
- Smart process transfer: Flexibility is give by using either cartridges in existing stainless steel housings or disposable capsules.
- Ease of use: Virosart® HC are tested for integrity using a water-based diffusion test, e.g. based on the Sartocheck® technology of Sartorius Stedim Biotech
- Each individual filter is tested for integrity
- Validated for ≥ 4 LRV removal of small non-enveloped viruses using bacteriophage PP7
- Designed, developed and manufactured in accordance with an
- ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System
- Meet or exceed the requirements for WFI quality standards set by the current USP
- Non pyrogenic according to USP Bacterial Endotoxins
- USP Plastic Class Test VI
ApplicationBlood and Plasma
Connector Inlet¾" Tri-Clamp 25 mm
Connector Outlet¾" Tri-Clamp 25 mm
Filtration Area240 cm²
Filter TypeVirus Filters
Primary Product TypeFilters
The PES based virus filter for robust and efficient removal of small non-enveloped and large enveloped viruses in biopharmaceutical applications. Virosart® CPV is the optimal virus filter for monoclonal antibodies or small recombinant proteins.