Virosart® Media lab module 5.0 cm²
First virus retentive filter for cell culture media.
Protect your cell culture media from virus contaminations with the 20 nm high flux PES Virosart® Media. The filter retains ≥ 4 LRV for small non-enveloped viruses like MVM or Vesivirus and ≥ 6 LRV for large enveloped viruses.
Item no.: 3V2--28-BVGML--V
Availability (ex works): On Request
Language for product details
Our product details are available in different languages. Choose your preferred language.
- Virus clearance: Virosart® Media targets the removal of small non-enveloped adventitious viruses (20 nm) e.g. MVM or vesivirus from chemically defined cell culture media.
- Target molecule: The main application for Virosart® Media is virus retentive filtration of chemically defined cell culture media.
- Positioning: Virosart® Media is used after the media preparation step itself before transferring the media into the bioreactor. This can be operated either as in-line filtration (e.g. perfusion) or batch filtration. Performance of the Virosart® Media is independent of the use of powder or liquid media but could be strongly impacted by the media itself. Virosart® Media is optimized for chemically defined media. Protein transmission for mAbs and recombinant proteins is not given for this filter.
- Robust virus clearance: Virosart® Media provides high virus safety to the bioreactor as it is qualified for ≥ 4 LRV (Log10 reduction value) of small non-enveloped viruses (e.g. MVM) and ≥ 6 LRV for large enveloped viruses.
- Short processing times: Based on the optimized Polyethersulfone membrane, Virosart® Media provides highest flow rates and excellent capacity for cell culture media (e.g. ≥ 1000 L/m2 in 4 h).
- Smart process transfer: The hollow fiber format supplies highest consistency and scalability from lab to process scale.
- Cost efficiency: The high packing density of the elements combines extremely low hold up with low footprint requirements.
- Ready to use: The sterile delivery secures ease of use as well as fast installation of the filter elements.
- Ease of use: Virosart® HF are tested for integrity using a water-based diffusion test, e.g. based on the Sartocheck® technology of Sartorius Stedim Biotech
- Each individual module is tested for water flow rate during manufacturing
- Validated for ≥ 4 LRV removal of small non-enveloped viruses using bacteriophage PP7
- Designed, developed and manufactured in accordance with an ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System
- Meet or exceed the requirements for WFI quality standards set by the current USP
- Non pyrogenic according to USP Bacterial Endotoxins
- USP Plastic Class Test VI
UsageCell culture risk mitigation
Connector InletLuer Lock
Connector OutletLuer Lock
Filtration Area5 cm²
Filter TypeVirus Filters
Primary Product TypeFilters
Capsule/Cartridge FormatDown scale unit
Filter FormatDown Scale Units
Sterilization MethodGamma irradiation