Virosart® HF Mid-Scale Module 200 cm², Gamma irradiated
- Virus clearance: Virosart® HF targets the removal of both small non-enveloped viruses (20 nm) e.g. PPV, MVM and larger enveloped viruses (> 50 nm) e.g. MuLV from biopharmaceutical feed streams.
- Target molecule: The main application for Virosart® HF filters is the virus filtration of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), antibody fragments (Fab) or small recombinant proteins (< 150 kD).
- Positioning: Virosart® HF is used towards the end of the purification process of biopharmaceutical products for the virus filtration. At this stage, the purity of the biopharmaceutical product is at its highest and so fouling of the filter by contaminants (DNA, CHOP, aggregates & lipoproteins) will be low.
- Robust virus clearance: Virosart® HF retains ≥ 4 LRV of small non-enveloped viruses (e.g. PPV, MVM) and ≥ 6 LRV of large enveloped viruses (e.g. MuLV). This filter offers highest virus safety over the entire flow decay profile independently of operating pressure.
- Short processing times: Based on a unique modified PES membrane, Virosart® HF provides highest flow rates and excellent capacity.
- Smart process transfer: The hollow fiber format supplies highest consistency and scalability from lab to process scale.
- Cost efficiency: The high packing density of the elements combines extremely low hold up and flushing volumes with low footprint requirements.
- Ready to use: The sterile delivery secures ease of use as well as fast installation of the filter elements.
- Ease of use: Virosart® HF are tested for integrity using a water-based diffusion test, e.g. based on the Sartocheck® technology of Sartorius Stedim Biotech
- Each individual filter is tested for integrity and for water flux during manufacturing
- Validated for ≥ 4 LRV removal of small non-enveloped viruses using bacteriophage PP7
- Designed, developed and manufactured in accordance with an ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System
- Meet or exceed the requirements for WFI quality standards set by the current USP
- Non pyrogenic according to USP Bacterial Endotoxins
- Recombinant Protein Production
- mAB Production
UsageDifficult to filter solutions
Connector Inlet¾" Tri-Clamp 25 mm
Connector OutletHose barb
Filtration Area200 cm²
Capsule/Cartridge FormatFilter capsule
Filter TypeVirus Filters
Primary Product TypeFilters
Sterilization MethodGamma irradiation
Midisart® filters are available with PTFE (autoclavable) or PES (gamma-irradiatable | autoclavable) membrane. Ready-to-use, 100 % integrity tested and fully validated.
The high capacity virus filter for robust and efficient removal of small non-enveloped and large enveloped viruses in blood & plasma applications.
The PES based virus filter for robust and efficient removal of small non-enveloped and large enveloped viruses in biopharmaceutical applications. Virosart® CPV is the optimal virus filter for monoclonal antibodies or small recombinant proteins.
Maximize your virus filter performance with adsorptive pre-filtration. Virosart® Max is a specifically optimized virus pre-filter significantly increasing downstream virus filter performance.
The Sartocheck® 4 plus Bag tester MultiUnit is a perfect copy of the Sartocheck 4 plus Bag tester but without the user interface. Up to four MultiUnits may be connected to one Sartocheck 4 plus Bag tester or to a Sartocheck 4 plus Filter tester thus allowing up to five tests in parallel.
The Sartocheck® 4 plus Bag tester is the result of a clear market request for testing single use bags and bioreactors, pre-use and post-use. It is based on the same market leading software and hardware platform as the Sartocheck® 4 plus Filter tester and assures full communication compatibility between the both.