Virosart® CPV Capsule Height 4, Hose barb
The PES based virus filter for robust and efficient removal of small non-enveloped and large enveloped viruses in biopharmaceutical applications. Virosart® CPV is the optimal virus filter for monoclonal antibodies or small recombinant proteins.
Item no.: 5451328V4--OO--B
Availability (ex works): On Request
- Virus clearance: Virosart® CPV retains ≥ 4 LRV of small non-enveloped viruses (e.g. PPV, MVM) and ≥ 6 LRV of large enveloped viruses (e.g. MuLV).
- Target molecule: The main applications for Virosart® CPV for virus filtration are monoclonal antibodies (mAb), antibody fragments (Fab) or small recombinant proteins (< 150 kD).
- Positioning: Virosart® CPV is used towards the end of the purification process of biopharmaceutical products for the virus filtration. At this stage, the purity of the biopharmaceutical product is at its highest and so fouling of the filter by contaminants (DNA, CHOP, aggregates & lipoproteins) will be low.
- Robust virus clearance: Virosart® CPV retains ≥ 4 LRV of small non-enveloped viruses (e.g. PPV, MVM) and ≥ 6 LRV of large enveloped viruses (e.g. MuLV). This filter offers highest virus safety over the entire flow decay profile independently of operating pressure.
- Smart process transfer: Flexibility is given by using either cartridges in existing stainless steel housings or disposable capsules.
- Ease of use: Virosart® CPV are tested for integrity using a water-based diffusion test, e.g. based on the Sartocheck® technology of Sartorius Stedim Biotech
- Each individual filter is tested for integrity
- Validated for ≥ 4 LRV removal of small non-enveloped viruses using bacteriophage PP7
- Designed, developed and manufactured in accordance with an ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System
- Meet or exceed the requirements for WFI quality standards set by the current USP
- Non pyrogenic according to USP Bacterial Endotoxins
- USP Plastic Class Test VI
Capsule/Cartridge FormatFilter capsule
Connector Inlet½" Single Stepped Hose Barb
Connector Outlet½" Single Stepped Hose Barb
Delivery ConditionNon sterile - Autoclavable
Filtration Area180 cm²
UsageEasy to filter solutions
Filter FormatFilter Capsules
Filter TypeVirus Filters
- Recombinant Protein Production
- mAB Production
The Sartocheck® 5 Plus Filter Tester is an automatic filter integrity tester with automated Quality Risk Management (QRM) designed to cover the complete range of integrity testing from small syringe filters up to large multi-round housings and tangential flow cassettes.
The high capacity virus filter for robust and efficient removal of small non-enveloped and large enveloped viruses in blood & plasma applications.
Maximize your virus filter performance with adsorptive pre-filtration. Virosart® Max is a specifically optimized virus pre-filter significantly increasing downstream virus filter performance.