Sartocube® Hydrosart® Cassette
Hydrosart® high performance membrane is a stabilized cellulose based membrane that has been optimized for biopharmaceutical process applications.
- Hydrosart® is stable across a broad pH range.
- Hydrosart® is extremely hydrophilic, making it non-protein binding, and virtually non-fouling.
- Membrane cleaning, storage and depyrogenation can be accomplished by using NaOH even at elevated temperatures and concentrations.
These features make Hydrosart® an ideal membrane for biological applications.
Item no.: 3021447930E-BSW
Hydrosart® E-Screen ultrafiltration cassettes are available in the following nominal molecular weight cutoffs:
- 2 kD
- 5 kD
- 10 kD
- 30 kD
- 100 kD
- 300 kD
Hydrosart® 300 kD main applications are:
- Virus concentration and purification
- Viral vectors: Lentivirus, Adenovirus, MVA, Vaccinia
- Inactivated or attenuated viral vaccines: Influenza, RSV
- Virus like particles, nanoparticles
- Contaminant removal: DNA, HCP
- Polysaccharide concentration
- Conjugate vaccines: removal of unconjugated polysaccharides
- Large protein concentration
IndustryPharma / Biotech
Bacterial Endotoxins< 0.18 EU/mL as determined by the LAL test
BiosafetyAll materials of this filter element meet the requirements of the current USP Biological Reactivity tests for plastics Class VI (Systemic Injection, Intracutaneous and Implantation tests).
ExtractablesThe total amount of extractables is well below the limits established by the current USP unter "Sterile Water for Injection".
Filtration Area3.0 m²
Flow Channel GeometryProtein conc. >20% /or viscosity above.3cp
Cassette FormatSartocube Cassettes
Materials of Construction
Integral FramePolyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF)
Sealing CompoundSilicone White (High chemical resistance)
Maximum Inlet Pressure4 bar
pH StabilitypH 2 – 14
Non-Fiber ReleasingThis filter product complies with the title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), section 210.3(b)(6) and 211.72.
Filter TypeCrossflow Filters
The Sartoflow® 20 stainless steel holder with hydraulic is designed for crossflow applications from 200 l to 2500 l volumes. The holder is optimized for use with 4 Sartocon® up to 20 Sartocube® production scale crossflow cassettes (max. 14 m2). Typical applications of the Sartoflow® 20 system includes concentration and diafiltration of proteins, vaccines, antibodies, oligo nucleotides, endotoxin removal etc., cell harvesting and clarification processes.