Varicol® Multi-Column and Continuous HPLC Chromatography
Varicol® is a multi-column continuous chromatography concept particularly well-suited to large-scale separation of binary mixtures (e.g., enantiomers) and fractionation of complex mixtures. This technology is designed to adapt seamlessly to users’ specific requirements.
- A robust continuous process
- Cost-effective and highly productive
- Up to 99.97% of solvent recycled at commercial scale
Item no.: Varicol
Used for producing a number of commercial APIs at multi-ton scale, our patented Varicol® technology, an extraordinarily well-performing alternative to the well-known SMB (Simulated Moving Bed) process, is a powerful production tool for pharmaceuticals and fine chemicals.
A robust continuous process
- One long batch column is replaced by a loop of 3 to 6 shorter columns
- Only pure fractions are collected leaving mixed fractions to recirculate
Cost-effective and highly productive
- 2 to 10-times more productive than a batch process, such as HPLC
- Lowest operating costs
- Optimized usage of stationary phase
- 15 to 30% more productive than SMB with less columns
Up to 99.97% of solvent recycled at commercial scale
Varicol® is a multi-column continuous process with a non-synchronous shifting of the inlet and outlet lines. The number of columns periodically varies in each zone of the system. This ensures a more efficient use of stationary phase and a higher productivity compared to traditional SMB.