NutriFreez® D10 Cryopreservation Medium is a ready-to-use, animal component-free, serum-free, and protein-free cell freezing solution optimized for multiple cell lines. When culturing cells in a serum-free environment, it is essential to also maintain serum-free conditions during cryopreservation.
NutriFreez® D10 Cryopreservation Medium has been demonstrated to result in high rates of cell viability, proliferation, adherence (in relevant lines), and bioactivity/ expression following freezing and thawing. Superior results were obtained both in comparison with serum-containing freezing media as well as competing serum-free products, making this an ideal product for both serum-containing and serum-free applications.
NutriFreez® D10 Cryopreservation Medium has been extensively tested on multiple cell types, including:
- Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells (hMSC), from various sources (e.g. bone marrow (BM-MSC), adipose tissue (AT-MSC), umbilical cord tissue (UC-MSC) derived and dental pulp tissue (hMSC –DP)
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells (hESC), Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSC)
- Human Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells (PBMC’s)
- Human Endothelial Cells (EC)
- T cells, including Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CART) cells and Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes (TIL’s)
- Neuron Cells
- CHO cells
- Vero Cells
- Multiple mammalian cell lines: MRC-5, HEK-293, HepG2, HeLaBSC-1, BGM3T3, MA-10BHK-21 as well as other extremely sensitive cell types
NutriFreez® D10 Cryopreservation Medium Features
- Cryoprotective formulation designed to minimize dehydration effects
- Effective maintenance of cell viability, adhesion, and bioactivity
- Ready-to-use solution, simple protocol
- Suitable for use in cell banks and biopharmaceutical applications
- Animal component-free, serum-free, protein-free solution
- cGMP Manufactured
- Drug Master File available
Results of a cryopreservation comparison performed at the Research and Development Center for Cell Therapy (Japan) on human pluripotent stem cells (hESC and hiPSC) show that NutriFreez® D10 Cryopreservation Medium* presents best recovery rate for hPSCs after thawing (Nishishita et al. Am J Stem Cells. 2015).
Furthermore, an evaluation of different cryopreservation agents for mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) performed at Ottawa Hospital Research Institute (Canda) shows that MSC cryopreserved in NutriFreez® D10 Cryopreservation Medium exhibit the best post-thaw viability (Salkhordeh et. al. Cytotherapy, May 2018).
* NutriFreez® brand replaces the brand CryoStem™
Animal Origin (AO) / Non-Animal Origin (NAO)NAO
Formulationw/ Phenol red
Storage ConditionsProtected from light