Sartorius Nutrient Pad Sets have been used successfully in the membrane filter method for more than 20 years. The membrane filter method allows large sample volumes with low microbial count to be tested. Inhibitors, such as essential oils or disinfectants, can be rinsed out after filtration, before incubation.
Practical and easy to handle, Nutrient Pads reduce labor and simplify many microbiological testing procedures. Microorganisms require the appropriate culture media for optimal growth.
Nutrient Pad Sets are sterile, dehydrated culture media. Once they are moistened with 3.0 – 3.5 ml of sterile and demineralized (or destilled) water they are ready-to-use immediately. The level of moisture is optimal when an excess ring of water surrounding the NPS is visible.
All Nutrient Pad Set types are supplied with the appropriate membrane filters, which are also individually, sterile packaged. The membrane filters tailored to meet the special requirements of microbial detection are available with 47 or 50 mm diameter.
NPS are continuously enhanced as part of our development program to adapt our products to changing application requirements. Besides the new NPS types, we have also updated our packaging design. The standard NPS box contains 100 sterile Nutrient Pads, each of which is individually inserted in a petri dish and sterilized. Ten each of these petri dishes are sealed in an aluminum bag.
This special packaging in bags protects the sensitive formula constituents of the Nutrient Pad during transport and storage from fluctuations in humidity and temperature. As a result, it guarantees the high quality of our NPS throughout their entire shelf life up to 24 months.
This makes the Sartorius Nutrient Pads Sets unique: No other ready-to-use culture media around the globe assures such consistently high quality and reproducible results up to 24 months.
Currently, Sartorius offers more than 30 different Nutrient Pad Set types to meet the diverse objectives of microbiological analysis. Beyond the European drinking water directive, they comply with other international regulations and recommendations: international pharmacopoeias, DIN and ISO standards, the American Standards for Water and Foods, mineral water regulations, brewery guidelines, such as MEBAC or EBC, and recommendations of the food industry, such as LMBG, NCA and ICUMSA, etc.
- Trouble-free storage up to 24 month
- Economical by time- and cost-saving
- Compliance with international standards and references
- Easy handling
- Validation guide available
- Consistent quality
- Highly versatile -multiple applications
- Malt Extract Nutrient Pads with gridded membranes 0.45 µm, 50 mm, pack size 100
- For determination of yeasts and molds acc. to international Standards e.g. APHA, AOAC, IFU and internal SOPs.
- The NPS are individually, sterile packaged in petri dishes and sealed in aluminium bags for longest shelf life.
- The membrane filters are gridded and individually, sterile packaged.
- Pore size: 0.45 µm ISO 7704 released
- Diameter: 50 mm
- Colour: gray membrane, white grid. Gray membranes after wetting black.
Diameter⌀ 5 cm
Culture MediaMalt Extract