Package for first start up of the MD8 Airscan® triclamp version
The MD8 Airscan® in conjunction with the gelatin membrane filters not only allows the collection of airborne microorganisms, it also enables technicians to capture smallest particles, like viruses.
The package for the first start-up of the MD8 Airscan® consists of the command unit (16746-01--COM), the stainless steel sampling head triclamp 50.5 version (16746-01--SHT), a 3 m quick connector cable (69898530), a stainless steel adapter triclamp to bayonet (1ZAD-0025) and an aluminium filter holder (17801) for the gelatin membrane filters (GMF).
Item no.: 16746SHTCOM
Availability: On Request
With more than 50 years of experience in air monitoring, the next level of air samplers have been developed to specifically fit the industrial needs in Pharma/Biotech and Food and Beverage. Together with the gelatin membrane filters (GMF) the MD8 family stands for ease of use and quality of results.
A fundamental aspect of cleanrooms and critical zones is to achieve lowest concentrations of airborne particles by reducing their introduction and generation. Measurement for this purpose must be accurate as well as reliable, and must not interfere with the zone protection.
The MD8 Airscan® is a modular air sampling system, consisting of a command unit and a stainless steel sampling head. Both will be connected to each other with a quick connector cable. Due to this design, several sampling heads can be consecutively operated with only one command unit. This saves investment costs. The hermetic design of the sampling head, also allows in-line sterilization of the interior of the sampling head with vaporized hydrogen peroxide (H2O2).
After air sampling with the MD8 Airscan®, the GMF can be either processed directly by transferring it to an agar plate, or dissolution (ca. 6 ml) in any suitable liquid for e.g. PCR, or membrane filtration can be done.
Benefits of the MD8 Airscan®
- Isokinetic air sampling
- Preventing turbulances
- No additional risk of a secondary contamination
- In-line sterilization with vaporous H2O2
- Removal of contamination
- No risk of a secondary contamination
- On site calibration
- Reliable, documented results
- Modular design
- Adaptive to individual process conditions
- Saves investment costs and allows integration in tubes and operation as a stand alone/benchtop version
- Continuous (≥8 h) air monitoring with 1 filter
- Less manipulations per day
- Reduced risk of a secondary contamination
- RS232 printer connection
- Printing of process parameter
- GMP suitable documentation
- Quick connection between sampling head and command unit
- Easy to operate and to exchange
- Saves time and ensures secure connection
Working AreaCleanroom (A-D; ISO 5-9)
Air Sampling MethodFiltration
Primary Product TypeAir Samplers
TypeIntegration (Isolator/Filling Line)
Delivered with AccessoriesYes
Food & Beverage
- Environmental/Water Testing