Clipster® is a single-use solution to disconnect single-use transfer lines and bag assemblies used in biopharmaceutical applications maintaining sterility. The Clipster® is a single-use device that completes our range of solutions for performing sterile disconnections of tubing. The Clipster® is robust, quick and easy to use. The disconnection is performed with a hand-held tool which ensures quick and easy execution in various space requirements. Clipster® is the sole solution that can be installed by the operator at the point of disconnection. As not being in fluid contact ClipsterN can be easily validated.
- Mechanical disconnection: can be performed on platinum cured silicone and thermoplastic tubings (see datashhet for list of validated materials)
- Sterility Assurance: Proven during validation with bacterial challenge via immersion in B. Atropheus at 10E6 CFU/mL
- Error proof design: Prevents mistakes
- 4-step operation: Easy, quick, robust and repeatable
- Intensively qualified: Safe and robust
- Available as stand alone product or preassembled: Flexible
- Portable hand tool: Easy to use
Area of ApplicationConnecting & Disconnecting
Drug Substance Purification
Drug Product Formulation
- Cell Harvest & Downstream Processing Intermediates
- Drug Substance Purification
Type of DisconnectionMechanical disconnection
Tube Size (ID – OD)
⅜ in. x 5/8 in.
- ½ in. x ¾ in.
- ⅜ in. x 5/8 in.
Materials of Construction
Connector MaterialPolycarbonate (PC)
Materials of ConstructionPolycarbonate (PC)
Si(Pt) TuFlux® SIL
Si(Pt) Pharma 50
- TPE C-Flex® 374
- Si(Pt) TuFlux® SIL
Condition of UseSingle-use
- Gamma irradiation
Autoclaving (2 × 30 minutes at 125°C (257 °F))
- Gamma Irradiation (≤ 50 kGy)
- Autoclaving (2 × 30 minutes at 125°C (257 °F))