- Startpage |
- Lab Products & ServicesLab Products & Services
- Bioprocess SolutionsBioprocess Solutions
BIOSTAT® RM and Flexsafe® RM for Seed and Small Scale Protein Supply
The BIOSTAT® RM, a fully GMP compliant, single-use, wave-mixed bioreactor and single use Flexsafe® bags are proven for a broad range of different cell lines incl. CHO, NS0, SF9, E.coli and mesenchymal stem cells.
- 100 ml to 100 L
- Two Rocker sizes: BIOSTAT® RM 20/50 and BIOSTAT® RM 200
Why choose BIOSTAT® RM?
- Excellent Cell Growth and Robustness
- Security of Supply & Consistent Quality
- Easy to Use Rocker with Advanced Control Capabilities
- Mammalian, insect and plant cell
- Suspension or adherent cells on micro-carriers
- Shear sensitive cells such as stem cells
- Low to medium density microbial cultures
- Seed expansion for large bioreactors
- GMP Production
- Process transfer from shake or T-flask
- Rapid material supply for pre-clinical trials
- Production of recombinant proteins, mAbs and vaccines
- Continuous cultures with reported cell densities of 150 million cells/ml
BIOSTAT® RM 20/50 basic
stand-alone unit for benchtop use
It is a perfectly sized, stand-alone bioreactor for benchtop use. An exchangeable bag holder fits bags from 1 L to 50 L total volume.
Basic rocker with integrated local controller, Air | CO2 mixing module and load cells is the optimal choice for straight forward applications such as seed generation.
- Space-saving, individual control of two bags on the same platform
- Advanced alarming and safety features for safe cultivation
- Reduced manual handling by automated sampling function
Advanced Control System
BIOSTAT® B Control Tower with BIOSTAT® RM 20/50 and Flexsafe® RM bag
Do you want to run fully automated and controlled batch, fed-batch or high cell density perfusion cultures?
Combine your BIOSTAT® RM basic rocker with our BIOSTAT® B control tower and use Flexsafe® RM bags equipped with single-use pH, DO and now also viable biomass probes.
- Advanced control of gas mixture and volume, filling volume and substrate addition
- Extra small space requirement with TWIN configuration – two culture systems controlled by one controller at the same time
- The BIOSTAT® B controller is designed to work with a conventional glass vessel, the single-use UniVessel® SU and the BIOSTAT® RM rocker
New BioPAT® ViaMass* – single-use biomass sensor
Suitable for non-invasive measurement of viable biomass. Biostat® RM is the only rocking motion bioreactor with inline single-use biomass monitoring.
- Reduce your contamination risk by using inline single use cell growth monitoring, e.g. in cell therapy or other critical applications.
BIOSTAT® RM 200
The Biostat® RM 200 system consists of the Biostat® RM 200 rocker, Biostat® B control tower on a lab-cart and Flexsafe® RM 100L or 200L cultivation bag. It is your choice for larger scale seed expansion and production of material for preclinical and clinical studies.
It supports working volumes from 10 L up to 100 L.
- Same well known BIOSTAT® B control tower enables flexible process strategies
- Low consumable costs compared to stirred single-use bioreactors
- Designed for automated batch, fed-batch and perfusion processes
- Reliable single-use probes for measurement of pH and DO
- Flexible arrangement of control tower and rocker unit on individual trolleys
Flexsafe® RM - a member of Flexsafe® Bag Family
Flexsafe® RM is a single-use bioreactor bag and a member of our bioprocessing bag family with outstanding film quality. Benefit from the same polyethylene film material across all your cell culture steps.
Use our Flexsafe® RM bags in your seed train and scale-up to our BIOSTAT® STR single-use stirred tank bioreactors equipped with Flexsafe® STR bags.
Flexsafe® RM bags fit on rocking motion bioreactors from several manufacturers.
- Excellent and Reproducible Cell Growth
- Security of Supply and Consistent Quality
- Robustness - Superior Strength and Flexibility of Film
|Basic Bag||Optical Bag||Perfusion Bag|
|Available with screw caps for bulk addition||•||•||•|
|With single-use pH and DO sensors installed in bag for advanced applications||•||•|
|With integrated perfusion membrane PES 1.2 µm or connection to external cell retention device via OPTA®||•|
|With single-use viable biomass sensor (BioPAT® ViaMass*)||•||•||•|
|Customized bag designs||•||•||•|
|Can be used on competition systems||•||•||•|
*Manufactured under the Licence of Hamilton
BioPAT® MFCS is the world standard software for supervisory bioprocess control and data acquisition.
Every BIOSTAT® RM is equipped with BioPAT® MFCS/DA for capturing, storing and visualizing process data in a R&D environment.
- Batch–oriented data collection
- Storage and evaluation of on-line and off-line data for extended process analysis
- Plotting and display of up to 10 process variables for on-line, off-line or calculated values
- Data Export in e.g. Microsoft Excel
Additionally to BioPAT® MFCS/DA, the feature-rich BioPAT® MFCS/win supports the most demanding research and production environment with advanced documentation and reporting functionalities. BioPAT® MFCS/win includes ANSI/ISA 88.01 and 21 CFR Part 11 compliance. Multi-user network access to up to 16 process units and remote alarming represent only two additional features.
Application Note #2 "Comparison of of BIOSTAT CultiBag RM and reusable STR for cultivation of CHO cells"
Application Note #3 "Protocol for fed batch, serum free cultivation of CHO XM 111 suspension cells in the BIOSTAT CultiBag RM 20"
Application Note #4 "Cultivation of PER.C6® cells in the single use bioreactor BIOSTAT® CultiBag RM for the production of monoclonal anti-EpCAM antibodies"
Application Note #5 Cultivation of Sf9 cells in the single use bioreactor BIOSTAT® RM 20 | 50 optical system