- Startpage |
- Lab Products & ServicesLab Products & Services
- Bioprocess SolutionsBioprocess Solutions
- Products and Services
- Filtration and Purification Technologies
- Denarase® endonuclease
DENARASE® endonuclease is a highly active endonuclease derived from Serratia marcescens. This enzyme is well known for its combined RNase and DNase activity and is therefore used in many large-scale bioprocesses e.g. for the removal of DNA.
DNA can cause high viscosity in bioprocesses and often interacts with the target product, resulting in lower recovery rates. DENARASE® reduces the DNA level at an early stage of the process and improves recovery rates. Successful applications of DENARASE® include the purification of vaccines, proteins expressed in inclusion bodies and monoclonal antibodies.
DENARASE® is produced in the endotoxine-free production strain Bacillus sp. without the use of any animal-derived compounds. The enzyme has a purity over 99 % and is produced under GMP coditions.
- Biotech products must be free of host cell DNA larger than 100 bases. DENARASE® leaves DNA chains of 3 - 8 bases and can be used as DNA removal technology.
- High DNA concentrations cause high viscosities which makes filtration and chromatography difficult. DENARASE® helps to reduce the viscosity and to improve the process economics
- DNA can stick to the target molecule such as monoclonal antibodies and viruses. Coverage of binding groups can lead to lower recovery rates for chromatography steps.
- DENARASE® can prevent cell clumping in bioreactors
- Successful applications of DENARASE® include the purification of vaccines, proteins expressed in inclusion bodies and monoclonal antibodies
Technical Data and Enzyme Characteristics
DENARASE® is an enzyme consisting of two subunits with a total molecular weight of around 60 kD. The enzyme hydrolyzes phosphodiester bonds between the nucleotides and leaves molecules with a length of 3-8 bases with a 5’-monophosphate end.
DENARASE® hydrolyzes both DNA and RNA in various forms like e.g. single strand, double strands, circular and circular supercoiled DNA.
The enzyme shows high activity under a broad range of circumstances which makes them very attractive for use in Biotech processes. For more detailed information on the optimal operating conditions and the stability of DENARASE® please see the technical datasheet in the download section.