Anti-Penta-HIS (HIS1K) Biosensors
For Label-Free Quantitation and Kinetic Analysis of His-Tagged Recombinant Proteins
- High specificity and affinity to a six-histidine or penta-histidine peptide tag (His-tag)
- Designed for use in buffer, complex media, column eluates, and cell lysates
- Binds His-tagged proteins even in the presence of imidazole
- Direct capture of His-tagged proteins for kinetic analysis with interacting protein analyte
- Easy to use, label-free, no wash protocol
The polyhistidine protein tag (His-tag), commonly engineered into proteins during cloning, can be used to facilitate recombinant protein purification and detection by exploiting the chelating properties of histidine to an immobilized metal. The Anti-Penta-HIS (HIS1K) Biosensor consists of high affinity, high specificity Penta-His antibody from Qiagen pre-immobilized on a fiber optic biosensor. In conjunction with the Octet and BLItz systems, the HIS1K Biosensor provides a rapid and label-free method for His-tagged protein quantitation and kinetic characterization. The high specificity of the antibody-based biosensor enables the direct capture and quantitation of His-tagged proteins even in crude cell lysates or supernatants.