E1 - Balances as Inspection, Measuring and Test Equipment in the QM System
Target group: Lab managers, users and quality assurance staff working in production and control.
The incorporation of balances into quality assurance systems (e.g. DIN EN ISO 9000: 2000, GMP, GLP, ISO 17025) is of key importance. Balances used as inspection, measuring and test equipment must be tested at appropriate intervals to ensure their proper functioning and process capability; test results must be documented in suitable form.
This course covers:
- Definition of terms, interpretation of metrological data
- Proper selection and correct handling of balances and calibration weights
- Detecting and minimizing factors affecting balances and weighing samples
- Practical measurements on laboratory balances under supervision
- Inspection, measuring and test equipment monitoring; the specific requirements of DIN EN ISO 10012
- Equipment qualification DQ, IQ, OQ, PQ
- The use of non-automatic balances and balances in legal metrology
- Weights, weight testing and certification
- Calculating the measurement uncertainty on electronic balances
- Determination of operating range and smallest desired net weight according to USP <41>
There are no special classes reqiured for this seminar