Manager of Bioassay Services
We are looking for a Bioassay/ELISA expert with experience in line managing and a background in GMP or GLP. 6 month FTC. Based in Glasgow.
Our site in Glasgow is a leading provider of testing and R&D services to a variety of clients globally. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team, processes and Bioassay/ELISA based projects as well as communication with our clients and other internal departments. A part of your remit will be to improve processes and manage equipment assigned to your team.
This is a maternity cover fixed-term contract (6 months).
What you will accomplish together with us:
- Driving the success of the department both in terms of the day to day operational management and the implementation of strategic objectives
- Managing timelines, budgets and quality of work performed on a project
- Training, developing and mentoring team members, assuring knowledge of latest technological and scientific developments is kept up to date
- Working closely with the business development organisation, assisting in winning new business and playing a key role in the strategic direction of the department
- Helping compile marketing materials and representing our company at events and conferences
- Oversee a process-improvement strategy across the department
- Assisting in hosting regulatory (MHRA, FDA etc) and client inspections
What will convince us:
- A degree in a life sciences discipline or equivalent
- Line management experience is essential
- Strong previous experience in a similar role, preferably within a GMP or GLP environment
- Thorough understanding and experience of applicable EU and US GMP and GLP regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of managing projects to targets and deadlines
- Ability to analyse issues, provide solutions and suggest improvements
- Highly collaborative and able to influence people
In order to commence working with us, the successful candidate will need the right to work in the UK.
What we offer
Sartorius’ ambition is to simplify progress in the bio-pharmaceutical industry to help translate scientific findings into new therapeutics faster and more efficiently. Nearly 10,000 employees at more than 60 sites are working together on achieving our goal: Better health for more people. And together, we have grown strongly over the past years. Enjoy the advantages of working with a global player:
Opportunity for international career development: a global network offering seminars and training sessions, expert and manager career paths
Open and highly collaborative culture: mutual support within teams and working as equals, team spirit and international collaboration
Strong values: sustainability, openness, enjoyment
Ambitious goals: Sartorius plans to double its sales revenue approximately every five years and expects to grow its global team to approximately 15,000 people in 2025.
We look forward to receiving your application.
We look for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and professionally.
- Reference Number R6736
- Job Begin July 01, 2021
- Employment Mode Full time
- Position Fixed Term
- Functional Area Services
- Location Glasgow (United Kingdom)