Front End Software Engineer
Front End Software Developer with a background in industrial software development, along with extensive experience in user interface development and user experience. Based in Royston.
If you have industrial experience in full stack software development, this opportunity could be the next step in your career. You will be responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and maintenance of high quality software and for new and existing systems. You will also participate in the continuous improvement of the software group platforms, processes and techniques. This role will include working on individual and group projects.
This position is based at our site in Royston.
What you will accomplish together with us:
- Realising system requirements into user interface designs, architecture and software
- Ensuring that applications meet user requirements and provides a great UX
- Aligning applications with standards and branding requirements
- Developing and completing required testing and documentation
- Participating in team and project meetings
- Participating fully in continuous improvement activities; designing and implementing changes
- Working on additional projects
What will convince us:
- Batchelor’s Degree 2.1 and above in Computer Science/ Software Engineering or equivalent
- Industrial experience in software development within a quality-conscious environment
- Extensive experience in user interface development and in design and delivery of a sophisticated user experience
- Professional use of Visual Studio
- Experience in using version control, change control and code quality control processes
- Experience in using automated software build, release and test environments
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
In order to commence working with us, the successful candidate will need the right to work in the UK.
What we offer
Sartorius’ ambition is to simplify progress in the bio-pharmaceutical industry to help translate scientific findings into new therapeutics faster and more efficiently. Nearly 10,000 employees at more than 60 sites are working together on achieving our goal: Better health for more people. And together, we have grown strongly over the past years. Enjoy the advantages of working with a global player:
Opportunity for international career development: a global network offering seminars and training sessions, expert and manager career paths
Open and highly collaborative culture: mutual support within teams and working as equals, team spirit and international collaboration
Strong values: sustainability, openness, enjoyment
Ambitious goals: Sartorius plans to double its sales revenue approximately every five years and expects to grow its global team to approximately 15,000 people in 2025.
We look forward to receiving your application.
We look for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and professionally.
- Reference Number R911
- Job Begin August 02, 2021
- Employment Mode Full time
- Position Regular
- Functional Area Research and Development
- Location Royston York Way (United Kingdom), Cambridge (UK) (United Kingdom)