The Sales Representative will be responsible for the growth of revenue by proactive sales of the product portfolio in its territory and developing strong customer relations according to the organizational strategy for its assigned customer base.
Sartorius has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, self-motivated, entrepreneurially spirited professional to help fuel the growth of our Bioprocess Solutions portfolio in the Southeast territory (Remote position). Due to the sales growth in the territory this is a newly created position. The incumbent in this key role will be a trusted business partner to our customers in the biopharmaceutical arena. If you are adept at identifying new opportunities and building productive customer relationships, please read on.
What you can look forward to accomplishing:
- Achieve annual sales target and fulfill corporate objectives within assigned territory
- Manage and grow an existing sales base within the territory and develop new customers
- Provide initial technical & sales support for new and existing customer inquiries, and as required, engages a range of more specialized in-house technical experts as needed to support these discussion
- Identify key clients aligned with the strategic focus of the company and develop workable action and development plans to maintain existing business and seed future business opportunities
- Meet with customers, make professional presentations, initiate the preparation of proposals, communicate proposals to customers and negotiate with customers to achieve a successful resolution
- Generate and maintain record within a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to track customer contacts, proposal generation, and customer specific information
- Ability to grow client business through understanding of the clients’ business programs and objectives
- With minimal supervision, develop and implement plans to sell a broad range of products and services and grow revenues within clearly defined market
- Present information as required at both customer and internal meetings
- Manage multiple customer plans toward agreed sales targets
- Prepare information as needed for customer meetings and discussions with management, including status, tracking and financial reporting
- Support business initiation process at conferences and meetings as required
- The position will report directly through Sales but will work closely with a range of internal stakeholder groups including Marketing, Technical Support, Operations, Legal, Finance, Process Development and other SSB Sales Groups
- Implement assigned corporate objectives within the territory
- Work with Sales Manager to develop proposals and set pricing for customers
- Provide reports as requested by management and update CRM systems on a daily basis
- Attend review meetings as requested by management to review current project and YTD sales
- Attend trade shows and sales meetings as requested by sales management
- Report sales performance to Sales Manager
- Travel to customer sites on a daily and weekly basis as directed by sales management
- Developing a deep understanding of your customers
Skills and experience that you need to bring to our company:
- A good understanding of early stage drug development and more specifically experience of working with large molecules and biosimilar is desirable
- Candidates must possess excellent presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal), in addition to good planning and organization skills
- The candidate will possess a proven track record for developing productive relationships (internally and external), effective persuasion abilities, and a demonstrated a strong sales background
- Experience utilizing a CRM is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant practical experience that demonstrates a strong ability and proven competency to work effectively as an Account Manager within the biopharmaceutical industry
- 3+ years of experience industry experience with products and processes involved in the cGMP manufacture of Pharmaceuticals/Biopharmaceuticals
- A post graduate qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant scientific discipline is desirable but not essential
- Frequent travel >50% of the time with some overnight travel required
Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organization suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognized for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here
Sartorius is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling +1 631 254 4249 ext 8330 or via e-mail at email@example.com
We look for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and professionally.
- Reference Number R336
- Job Begin immediately
- Employment Mode Full time
- Position Regular
- Functional Area Sales
- Location Atlanta (United States of America), Home Office Florida (United States of America), Home Office North Carolina (United States of America), Raleigh (United States of America), Jacksonville (Florida) (United States of America), Home Office United States of America (United States of America), Home Office Georgia (United States of America)