BIOSTAT® B – The Universal Controller for Your Lab
BIOSTAT® B enables you to control your stirred-tank glass or single-use vessels and rocking-motion vessels. BIOSTAT® B accommodates the many different requirements of biotechnological and biopharmaceutical research and development.
You can use our BIOSTAT® B for animal, plant and insect cell cultivation as well as for microbial fermentation. It just takes one control tower to drive one or two culture vessels independently of each other. The multi-talented BIOSTAT® B control tower opens up a new world of flexibility for your changing requirements.
Whether you need to perform batch, fed-batch or perfusion processes for process development; production of active pharmaceutical ingredients for preclinical studies or scale-up studies, BIOSTAT® B is the ideal benchtop bioreactor for your lab.
Designed to meet your specific needs, BIOSTAT® B covers a wide range of applications, extending from use as a flexible basic unit for preclinical research to a fully qualified system that complies with the requirements of a validated GMP environment.
Typical areas of application include the following:
- Process development and optimization
- Scale-up and scale-down studies
- Seed expansion
- Cell bank production
- Protein supply
In designing the new BIOSTAT® B, we placed a premium on ease of use, simple cleaning and a space-saving footprint.
Easy Load pumps for fast tubing installation.
All culture vessel connections are logically arranged and positioned on the side of the control unit so that they are easy to access.
The storage dish creates space for depositing accessories and is easy to remove thanks to its secure magnetic attachment.
12” Touch Screen protected against water splashes and dust deposits. Easy-to-use and reliable operation – even while wearing laboratory gloves.
BIOSTAT® B is a highly flexible and modular-designed system that can be specially customized to meet your specific application.
- Single or twin set-up for independent control of one or two culture vessels
- Maintenance-free top-drive or magnetically coupled top-drive agitation system
- For autoclavable glass or single-use bioreactors
- Stainless steel housing with 12" touch-screen display
- Pump and aeration module
- Potential-free alarm contact
- Storage dish for accessories
- Equipotential bonding for high measurement reliability
- Ethernet port
Pumps, Balances, External Inputs
- Four peristaltic pumps integrated into the control unit
- Two external peristaltic pumps
- Two balances connections
- Two external signal inputs 0-10V
- Four external signal inputs 0-10V | 4-20mA
Measurement and Control:
- Temperature, pH, DO, antifoam, level, turbidity and redox
- Temperature regulated by heating blanket and stainless steel cooling finger (single-walled glass vessels) or by a thermostat (double-jacketed glass vessels)
- pH adjustment by adding acid and base or CO2 and base
- DO control by 4-stage cascade or ADVANCED individual controller
- Foam control by adding antifoaming agents or mechanical foam destroyer (anti-foam disc)
- Substrate addition by pump or a gravimetric controller
- Level monitoring either by a sensor or a gravimetric controller
- BioPAT® MFCS software for data recording or higher-level SCADA functionality
- AIR, O2, N2 and CO2 connections
- Choice of headspace (Overlay) or Sparger aeration
- Various different Rotameters and mass flow controllers in a range of 0.005 to 20 lpm
UniVessel® Autoclavable Glass Vessels
- 1L, 2L, 5L and 10L maximum working volumes
- Single-walled vessels with electric heating or double-jacketed glass vessels with a thermostat system
- Stirrer shaft with single mechanical seal
- Top drive with direct coupling or magnetically coupled top-drive agitation system
- 6-blade disk (Rushton turbine) impeller, 3-blade segment impeller and paddle impeller
- Ring sparger, microsparger and aeration basket for bubble-free aeration
- Exhaust cooler
- Spin filter for perfusion applications
- Diverse options for addition and harvest as well as sampling
- Spare part kits and tool sets
UniVessel® SU Single-use Culture Vessel
- Made of presterilized polycarbonate
- 2L working volume
- Single-walled for operation with electric heating blanket
- For cell culture applications
- Two three-blade impellers and L-sparger
- Three top plate ports
- Three ports with dip tubes for addition or harvest
- Three 12-millimeter ports with a 13.5 Pg (20.4 mm OD) thread for installation of conventional sensors
Our proven wave-mixed bioreactor consists of a rocker unit with bag holder and pillow-shaped Flexsafe RM single-use bags for culture volumes from 100 mL to 25 L. Use it as basic system or in combination with the BIOSTAT® B control tower and single-use optical pH and DO sensors to enable advanced control strategies for batch, fed-batch and continuous perfusion.
- Optimized film formula, traceability of raw materials and control of the entire Flexsafe RM bag manufacturing process assure excellent and consistent cell growth of the most sensitive cell lines
- Space-saving, individual control of two RM bags on the same rocker platform
- Easy-to-use rocker with advanced alarms and safety features for reliable cultivation