DENARASE® Endonuclease 2DN100KU99DENARASE® endonuclease is a genetically engineered enzyme from Serratia marcescens and used for DNA removal in purification processes of biological molecules. The enzyme hydrolises single stranded, double stranded, linear and circular forms of DNA and RNA into smaller nucleotides of around 5-8 base pairs. Process streams treated with DENARASE® show improved overall DSP economics because of higher product recovery rates, lowered filtration costs and better protection of chromatography columns.
- Biotech products must be free of host cell DNA larger than 100 bases. DENARASE® leaves DNA chains of 3 - 8 bases and can be used as DNA removal technology.
- High DNA concentrations cause high viscosities which makes filtration and chromatography difficult. DENARASE® helps to reduce the viscosity and to improve the process economics.
- DNA can stick to the target molecule such as monoclonal antibodies and viruses. Coverage of binding groups can lead to lower recovery rates for chromatography steps.
- DENARASE® can prevent cell clumping in bioreactors
- Successful applications of DENARASE® include the purification of vaccines, proteins expressed in inclusion bodies and monoclonal antibodies
DENARASE® endonuclease is a highly active endonuclease derived from Serratia marcescens. This enzyme is well known for its combined RNase and DNase activity and is therefore used in many large-scale bioprocesses e.g. for the removal of DNA.
DNA can cause high viscosity in bioprocesses and often interacts with the target product, resulting in lower recovery rates. DENARASE® reduces the DNA level at an early stage of the process and improves recovery rates. Successful applications of DENARASE® include the purification of vaccines, proteins expressed in inclusion bodies and monoclonal antibodies.
DENARASE® is produced in the endotoxine-free production strain Bacillus sp. without the use of any animal-derived compounds. The enzyme has a purity over 99 % and is produced under GMP coditions.
Technical Data and Enzyme Characteristics
DENARASE® is an enzyme consisting of two subunits with a total molecular weight of around 60 kD. The enzyme hydrolyzes phosphodiester bonds between the nucleotides and leaves molecules with a length of 3-8 bases with a 5’-monophosphate end.
DENARASE® hydrolyzes both DNA and RNA in various forms like e.g. single strand, double strands, circular and circular supercoiled DNA.
The enzyme shows high activity under a broad range of circumstances which makes them very attractive for use in Biotech processes. For more detailed information on the optimal operating conditions and the stability of DENARASE® please see the technical datasheet in the download section.
100 kilo Units (100.000 Units)
> 250 U/μl. One unit will digest sonicated salmon sperm DNA to acid-soluble oligonucleotides equivalent to a DA 260 nm of 1.0 in 30 min at pH 8.0 at 37°C.
No protease activity detectable
|Total microbial count||
Aerobic bacteria: < 5 cfu; yeast/moulds: < 5 cfu. Method: Colony forming units per 200 μl enzyme solution
Clear, transparent solution